“Great steak!”

Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 177 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: (803) 642-4488
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 6 recently ate at Prime for my daughter-in-laws birthday and we were not disappointed! I had the bone in filet which was tender, succulent and cooked perfectly. Everyone loved their meal, service and ambiance!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Lbouknight

Aiken, South Carolina
“Don't expect your kids can sit on your table”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We wanted to take friends for a special dinner to celebrate a birthday. No problems with the reservation, but when the manager showed us our table we were shocked. We asked for two high chairs for a 3 year and 14 month old kid. We got a bar table for four adults and there were two high chairs for the kids. I should have taken a picture - the heads of the kids would have been at the level of our shoes!!! If children are not welcome, the restaurant could have told us before taking our reservation. That's just not a way to treat customers! It was the most unpleasant and rude experience we ever had. Do I have to say we left without eating.

• Visited March 2013
tewksbury, ma
“Another excellent meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Visited Prime Steakhouse while in town on business. I usually get one of their fantastic steaks, but this visit I opted for an appetizer and salad. The salad is always great, fresh crisp lettuce and fantastic house-made salad dressing. The app I had was the Thai Chili Duck Tacos, what I great app! Generous slices of duck breast, slaw and just the right amount of spice.

The restaurant was busy and the service was very attentive as usual. The whole staff works seamlessly to provide great service for their guests!

• Visited February 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Varied Menu, Great Prime Rib Special, Very Loud on Weekends!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We finally made it to Prime last night. Not huge red meat eaters but can appreciate a good steak every now and then. My Primerib was medium rare as expected, very tasty and came with mashed potatoes, a small spoonful of veggies, au jus and horse radish on the side and 2 delightful onion rings on top. A family sytle salad made mainly with iceburg lettuce and a small side container of blue cheese came to the table first.
Each glass of house wine was decent and generous. Our server Jennifer was outstanding. She remembered to ask about the little things, e.g. horseradish vs. the creamy sauce for my Prime rib. As busy as she was, she checked on us frequently.
Others at the table had salmon, veal parmesan and the deboned rib eye. All were pleased with their choices. I asked for the eclair desert to go. I was disappointed in that it was filled with whipped cream. As much as I love that, I am old fashioned and was expecting a creamy filling inside to make my night complete. The pastry was also a bit dry.
An expensive night out with a bill of about $220 for 4 (excluding tip), with no appetizers, 4 glasses of wine, 2 desserts and no coffee.
We'll go back again but during the week for a special night out.
The restaurant was quite full and Everyone was screaming at each other to be heard. The topper was when the poor waitress had a large table next to us and she had to yell the specials at the top of her lungs so everyone could attempt to hear her. We heard her fine!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank LGV2000
“Excellent service and delicious food from a party of 8!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Our group tried the pork chop, steak, and chicken piccata. Delicious and huge portions--everyone raved! House salad served with a light dressing was excellent! Owner and waitress were both accommodating. A wonderful evening was enjoyed by all! We'll be back!

Been to Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!