“Mother's 90th Birthday Party”

The Stables Restaurant at Rose Hill Estate
Ranked #9 of 183 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: After three years of extensive renovations to make the turn of the century horse stables (one of four in America)into a beautiful and cozy place for diners, The Stables Restaurant at Rose Hill Estate opened in the fall of 2009. The restaurant and catering is directed by two experienced and creative culinary school graduates. The Dinner menu is freshly prepared with premium ingredients featuring seafood, steaks, plus German and Italian dishes. A smaller menu is available for casual dining in the bar, screened porch, patio and beer garden. The Stables Restaurant moves to the Mansion Inn from Dec 31-March 17
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My sister and I were fortunate to be able to have our mother's 90th birthday party in the main house on Rose Hill Estates in early March. The venue reminds of the old South; full of tradition and period decor. The very capable staff exceeded our expectations in every way.

We started out in the (former) billiards room -- wood paneling, a fire in the fireplace, plush chairs, a string duo -- as the guests arrived and enjoyed passed apps and sparkling wine. We moved into the light-filled dining room for lunch, which featured a perfectly-executed chicken piccata and a delightful white wine. A custom birthday cake and coffee finished the meal.

Kudos to the owner and staff, who were personally and intimately involved in the preparation and execution of this milestone event for our mother, family and friends. Special thanks to Kena, who took our ideas and suggestions and put together a perfect party (and within our original budget.)

1  Thank John G

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Shrimp and grits is my favorite meal here and the best shrimp and grits I've ever had! The atmosphere in the restaurant is inviting and the staff is very courteous. The owner also knows a lot about the history of the estate. Wonderful experience overall. When I last visited they were adding to the outdoor area. Looks like it will be the perfect place to enjoy a spring and summer evening. Will definitely come back in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I really want to like this place but it needs a tavern menu and not a serious dinner menu. Very cool concept and staff is always friendly but they need to expand their lite fare offerings to make this a go-to place for me.

1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm a little late in my review, but none the less, dinner at The Stables was excellent. The food and service were superb. We were staying at the Rose Hill Estate and only had to walk a short way - another plus! I hope we will have a chance to go back.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Last night was our first dining experience here since moving to Aiken. Outstanding food, from a perfect Caesar salad (NOT ice cold, like so many places, and NOT made 6 hours earlier) thru the fabulous schnitzel (where did they get veal that good?) and the chocolate raspberry cake which tasted of Vienna. The jazz band was a perfect accompaniment. I read the reviewer who felt they waited too long for their food; we feel that a small, relaxed wait means that our food is actually being prepared to order, not ahead of time, something rare in a restaurant these days. Our server was kind, patient and knowledgeable. The owners conversed at each table and obviously know their food. And if you're in the mood for good music, stop in just for a drink in the lounge.
We highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return.