“Good Food, Good Service, Live Music”
Review of The Red Pepper

The Red Pepper
Ranked #15 of 188 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Red Pepper is a family owned, local south side Aiken restaurant. We feature a fabulous menu, full bar, great service and the best patio dining in the Aiken area. The Pepper offers daily Chef's featured dishes including many seafood, steak, and a variety not found elsewhere in the area.We're family friendly, relaxed and fun. Live music weekly. Large private banquet room for special events and parties.Come join us!
Reviewed May 11, 2012

One of the few restaurants with indoors and outdoors service. The eclectic decoration of its patio makes it a nice experience, moreover on these fresh May evenings, while sipping a glass of white Zinfandel which, during Happy Hour costs only $5. And on Thursdays, when they have live music! Lunch is also a delicious and non expensive possibility, Their quiché, lobster bisque and seared tuna salad are superb!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Much better atmosphere on the wonderful patio under the stars. Food is very good and all the good service staff seems to work here. Dinner Tacos are excellent and so is the salmon.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Truly enjoyed service and tasty food. A little gem hidden in a strip mall.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I live in Aiken, 'round the corner actually from the Red Pepper but somehow never got there, until last week. I went with the wife on a Friday night and was MOST impressed. My culinary tastes range from good bar food (gimme some fish-n-chips) to fine dining ($150 for two). Let me explain the sequence of events.

When we walked in there is a very nice outdoor section. Being a cool night, we went inside and sat at a booth. Our waiter Michael was really on top of our quirky requests (the nicer the place the more I tend to be exacting in what I want, as opposed to a pub night). We started with looking at the wine list. OMG, the list is fairly small, about 15 reds and 15 whites, but what a selection, including Cain Cuvee and a Chalk Hill! They also have a small, yet selectable choice of domestic and imported beers (yah Bass!). For those that know anything about scotch, you should also know that they has 14 year old Oban.

Now if I have not yet impressed you, listen to this part about the food. My wife is a carnivore, and likes her ‘cow mooing’ that is to say really rare. She ordered the cowboy steak rare. This is a rather large piece of meat so we decided that we would share, and I could eat around the edges that were cooked. The steak came out looking beautiful, on top of a bed of awesome mashed potatoes (you have to have these) that were made with the slightest amount of goat cheese and a berry/wine reduction sauce that is making my mouth water just thinking about it. The meal also came with perfectly grilled asparagus.

Now here’s where it gets interesting. The steak was done perfect for my wife – a beautiful crust on the outside and raw the rest of the way through! I could carved a piece off, but could not eat it. When the waiter came over, I relayed to him that I know this was my fault, but is there a way they could take my small portion that I had carved off and nuke it or whatever! I know there are health issues so anything you can do would be greatly appreciated. If not, it was my fault. Well, he said that he would see what could be done and off he went. Meanwhile, my wife is moaning and I am picking away at the incredible mashed potatoes. After some time, I was beginning to think that either they forgot about little ol’ me or that they could not do anything. And then, out came a plate with the steak carved into bit sized pieces and fanned over more mashed potatoes! It was incredible!

How many restaurants even care about customers any more? That is CARING! It was a really nice, romantic evening and I cannot thank them more.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

We have been to the Red Pepper several times while in town visiting family. On our most recent visit we discovered that the Red Pepper has a new owner. He is trying to expand the kitchen as well as the food offerings, while maintaining the cafe menu and ambiance. So far he is succeeding. Service was very good and the food quite tasty. We wish them luck and will return on future visits.