“What a shame!”

Travinia Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Handmade contemporary American Italian cuisine, fresh soup, salad, pizza, chicken, seafood, pasta, beef and veal. Extensive wine bar and gluten free menu. Patio dining. Every Tuesday 25% Off all bottled wines. Every Wednesday, 1/2 Off all specialty martinis. Private dining room available. Full service catering, carryout and delivery. Try our Family style dining, our versions of "Italian Comfort Food". Open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This is the last time we will be going to Travinia When they first opened the food was decent Now I would be better off eating a TV dinner. The quality is poor and the taste uninspired what a shame. Prices are ridiculous for the entree. You guys need to go back to the drawing board. How sad!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I arranged a 70th birthday party for my mother in a private room at the Travinia restaurant. I ordered a family style dinner for 17 guests who came from as far a 10 hours away. They weren't prepared for the guests when they arrived; it took 30 minutes for water and 45 minutes for the wine and appetizers. The entrees were cold and tasteless and the plates were so small. The waitress was overwhelmed, kept forgetting to clear the plates from the table and it took 3 hours for the dinner. I was so disappointed and the kids were tired and cranky by the time we got out of there. I wrote a letter to the CEO shortly after the dinner but I never heard back.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stopped for dinner after a weekend trip. When we arrived to a half full restaurant we were told it was a 15 minute wait. I assumed they were not fully staffed as it was a holiday. We enjoyed a drink at the bar. Should have stayed there as it was downhill from there.

We were seated within 15 minutes. As we had just finished our drinks we ordered another round. We also ordered an appetizer. In addition we asked for water. We waited at least 15 minutes for the round. The appetizer came out first. Drinks eventually came but no water. Asked for it again. Had to ask for bread which they normally just bring out.

Entrees arrived in a reasonable time after that. My husband said his was good. I got a pasta dish that was in a pesto cream sauce. It was watery and the chicken in the dish was dry. It was just okay. Still no water.

After asking 4 times and halfway through our entrees we finally got our water.

Was able to settle up and leave without incident. Did not complain as I wasn't in the mood. Just wanted to leave.

Will be voting with my wallet and taking our business elsewhere.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Travinia in Aiken, South Carolina, was a perfect venue for a group of old high school friends to "Meet, Greet, Chat & Eat", after having experienced it with a smaller group in the Wine Library several years ago. We enjoyed that evening at Travinia so much that we knew it would be the perfect place for a larger group. We are so glad that we chose it for this event!

Many of our group had not seen each other for 55 years. We had planned the "Meet & Greet" on the patio but rain prevented us from doing so. Paul and Casey "carved" out a niche for us at the front of the restaurant and it was perfect! Hope the squeals of delight in seeing fabulous friends did not infringe on the privacy of the other diners! The musicians were great and another wonderful addition. It was a busy evening and I'm amazed at how well they took care of all of us.

It was a "wow wow" evening! There was something on the menu for everyone and all raved about the delicious food and the great service. The management and staff was so attentive! I had the Shrimp Scampi and it was delicious. Others at our table, had the Parmesan Crusted Flounder and the Sinatra Chicken. We all thought the dish we had selected was the best! Everyone raved about the decadent desserts! Huge portions ... and "to die for"! Kudos to the chef!

We are very pleased with Travinia and we will go there again. Travinia worked hard and we applaud, and thank Paul, Casey, the Chef and their staff for our memorable evening.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I hosted 45 High School Classmates at Travinia's recently and learned very quickly that this restaurant had a lot more to offer than just wonderful food. Throughout the planning stages of our outing Paul Young, Casey Edwards and their Staff worked with us numerous times to make sure our evening was as special as possible - everything from pre-selected menus with a wide variety of choices to luscious desserts (the Tiramisu was terrific), including table cloths, music, hors d'oeuvres and the use of their patio until closing time. It was a perfect catered event and our classmates were thrilled with the food selections and the prompt service. We have been receiving accolades from our classmates since the event.