“Shrimp and grits Brunch”
Review of Davor's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I came to Davors' café today for brunch and had the Shrimp And Grits. It came with a choice of salad or sautéed spinach, I chose spinach. I have to say that the shrimp and grits was delicious, shrimp cooked to perfection. I don't know how many times that I ate at other restaurants and the shrimp seemed like rubber. My server was very cheerful. I also saw omelets pass me by that looked very good. This is a place I would like to eat at again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

On a Thursday night, we stopped in to a not very busy restaurant or bar.

Found a table, and it seemed like forever for the server to show.... ordered martinis, and it seemed like forever drinks to appear. That should have been an omen!

We ordered mini beef wellingtons, charcuterie/cheese plate, and bacon-wrapped shrimp. Chartcuterie plate was plentiful (although the cheese seemed very old and rubbery); the beef wellington was tasty ... the shrimp, not so good, just swimming in a green sauce that was cold.

We ordered another beef wellington and after 25 minutes, flagged down the bartender as our server was no where to be found ... had our order been lost? Finally, it arrived at the table, and it was raw ... the dough was under cooked and basically raw. Really? After waiting 30 minutes... did the kitchen not realize while plating that they were serving raw food?

My suggestion, if you have an hour, stop in for a drink; it may take 20 minutes for you to be acknowledged and served ... but the drink should be good, and then head out for dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything was great! The food, the atmosphere, the server and the wine! The Fried Goat Cheese was incredible! Will definintely go back next time I am in town!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been here five or six times. We consider it a special treat. However, I must tell you that we've only been on Sunday mornings, and we have always ordered the exact same thing - bloody marys and salmon benedict. The bloody marys are large, fairly potent, and seasoned just to our liking. The salmon benedict is truly the best thing I've ever had for breakfast. They really do it well! I would say that the service has been a bit on the slow side, but it has never been an issue for us (maybe because we're there on Sunday mornings).

1  Thank JoeS0
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my first and last trip to Davor's! Our group of 6 arrived to an empty restaurant with reservations and still had to wait 10 minutes for them to seat us. It took another 10 minutes for our waitress to come by and get a drink order. The food took forever to arrive at the table and when it did arrive the food was cold. Our waitress never returned. 45 minutes passed before I finally went to track down our waitress to get the check. Since we had a group of 6, 20% gratuity was already included in the check. I paid the check and then asked to speak with the manager. She was worthless! She listened to what I had to say and kept saying I don't know what I can do about it! I will not be going back!