“One of the best hotels in Aiken”

Hilton Garden Inn Aiken
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The good: Clean, well-appointed hotel & rooms. Attractive lobby. Friendly, but sometimes-overwhelmed staff. The neutral: Breakfast (not free) was only so-so. The bad: The hotel sits way back in a shopping mall facility. You have to negotiate dangerous traffic "circles" to get to it. Signs in parking lot say hotel not responsible if someone does a smash-&-grab on your car.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank SouthsiEEED
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Aiken

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Very nice hotel with an outstanding staff. Juan at the front desk was excellent. This is a fairly new hotel and the bathrooms are the nicest I've seen in a hotel. The bed is to die for. I slept the best night's sleep in months. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 was the location. If you're not looking you'll miss it. It is beside of a shopping area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have beenstaying at Hilton Garden Inns for the past 2 years. We have been traveling up and down the east coast. It always has been the Hilton Garden Inn. This is the first time we have been staying here in Aiken. We have been here on business on and off since the beginning of July. All the staff have been polite and helpful if need be.

We have eaten at the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner and could not complain about anything. DELICIOUS.

May I add the managerial staff namely Juan Rosario is four star status. Along with everyone else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Great, friendly staff (and ownership). Clean hotel in great location. Rooms are very conducive to business or vacation traveler, but hotel is quiet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I noted that this hotel was in good shape upon my arrival. The staff (front desk and breakfast server) were friendly & polite. My biggest issue was the thin walls. I arrived at 1am, hoping to sleep in for a 10am business meeting. Instead, I was treated to the next room over's alarm going off at 5am (and snoozing until 10 after, then snooze, then snooze). etc.

I was hoping a new hotel would have used new construction techniques to deaden the sound between rooms. Too bad it is definitely not the case here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I'm not sure if the other reviewers and I stayed at the same hotel. This is a brand new hotel in Aiken and we were delighted with our stay. We only stayed 1 night, we recently moved away from Aiken and went back to visit during spring break. The room was very clean, spacious, etc. It had all of the amenities other Hilton Garden Inns do as well. The staff was very cordial and polite; we were allowed to check in early. We used the outdoor pool and it was great. The lobby area is very nice, although we did not eat at the hotel we heard others say it was very good. That being said, who typically goes out to dinner at a Hilton Garden Inn? It's a very convenient location to the southside of Aiken.

I travel back to Aiken on a frequent basis for business, and this will be the hotel for my stays from now on.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2010

my mum and i decided to have a night out for dinner. we live in Aiken and called in the Hilton Garden Inn.
the dining room was all but empty. out waitress was very pleasant (that is the only credible part of our experience)
my mum ordered the fish and chips accompanied by a pineapple slaw.
i ordered the veggie pizza (amongst the toppings were carmeized onions, shitake mushrooms and kalmata olives)
10 minutes after placing our order we see my mums fish and chips put under a heat lamp in the kitchen window...
30 minutes later my pizza and my mums fish and chips are brought to the table...
my mums fish and chips were horribly dried out looking having been under the heat lamp for so long and missing the pineapple slaw.
my pizza looked abizmal, nowhere were the carmelized onions, shitake mushrooms or kalmata olives i expected, some measly looking diced onions and puny green peppers were all that were visible.
we told the waitress that we were most displeased with the amount of time we had to wait for these two horrible dishes!!!!
our entire meal was compensated, including my soda and my mums glass of wine.
the night chef is deffinately awful!

• Stayed: January 2010