“Good Place to Stay, but avoid the Restaurant”

Hilton Garden Inn Aiken
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
NY
“Good Place to Stay, but avoid the Restaurant”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I frequently stay at Hilton Hotels. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Aiken, SC were professional, courteous, and eager to assist guests. Overall, we had no complaints about the hotel. The restaurant, however, was another story. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant only once during our stay there. The waitress was not the least bit interested in serving us, never asked if we needed anything else, did not offer refills on coffee, did not explain anything about the menu, and was generally ineffective. The gentleman at the table next to us actually got up and got coffee from the takeout area because the waitress never came to take his order. Mind you, we were the only two tables occupied at the time. We gave the restaurant another try for dinner one evening. Better than breakfast, but not definitely not worth a second visit. I usually find the restaurants at Hilton Hotels to be fairly good; however it is hard to find anything positive about the dining at this hotel. Very disappointing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Ower Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoy the staff at the hotel. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience in our restaurant. I am disappointed to learn that the restaurant staff did not take good care of you. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
tewksbury, ma
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Being a Hilton Honors member I usually stay at Hilton properties. I usually stay at this HGI when I travel to Aiken on business. The HGI in Aiken is your typical HGI, maybe 2 yrs old (?). This hotel is set off the main road which makes it quiet, I get a good nights rest. The front desk staff is always helpful, nice lobby to meet up with co-workers. Rachel at the bar servers up great drinks and good recommendation for local restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stays with us. I am happy to know that we are your hotel of choice in Aiken, SC. We really appreciate your loyalty. I appreicate you taking the time to recognize Rachel for her service. We look forward to seeing you agian very soon.
Greenwich, New York, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the location of the property. There was a problem with the TV but they did resolve it. The food was very good and freshly cooked. The bartender was less than friendly but the rest of the staff made up for her.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Aiken. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience wiith us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. In the meantime, we wish you safe travels and much success.
Madison, AL
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a Tuesday night in January to attend a family funeral. The hotel was fully booked but the check in was exceptionally quick and easy. The room was very clean and seemed new. When booking I choose to include the breakfast with my room rate ($170.94 for three people). This was the only real disappointment. There were not very many options for someone who doesn't like eggs, waffles or pancakes. Next time I would save the money and go out for breakfast.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They knew we were in town for a funeral and expressed their sympathy.

The hotel is in a good location with a variety of restaurants and shopping areas nearby. I would consider staying at the Hilton Garden Inn again if I could get a lower rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed January 5, 2013

As a brand spanking new hotel - this property is wonderful. From the customer service end they could use some help.

I couldn't have been happier with the room I was given. New, clean and well appointed. The breakfast in the mornings was well done and the restaurant staff very friendly.

That, however, is where the customer service stopped! My interactions with the front office staff (group sales chiefly and GM) were far from customer focused and very unpleasant at best.

If you can look past the poor training and lack of customer service by the management of this property and quickly get to your room you should be ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ERORl
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your candid review of your experience with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel accomodations. I am very disappionted to hear that you did not recieve good service from our GM and DOS. If you have time to share more details we would llike to be able to address your concerns. You can reach me at jrose@sycamoreinvestments.com with your contact information and I will follow up with you directly, offline. Thank you for lettig us know we missed an opporutnity to delver an all around outstanding experience.
New York City
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one evening with family. The hotel is very clean, the staff were very friendly and the rooms seemed new. The wi-fi was free and worked well. The hotel is near a mall, which is somewhat depressing b/c half of the stores are empty. The downtown is only a five minute drive. I also chose the bed and breakfast option bc I was traveling with 2 kids. It's a good value for the money (we were four in total). The eggs weren't the greatest, but it is a good deal given the other items available at breakfast (cereal, coffee, juice, yogurt, etc). While Aiken is short on entertainment, the Hilton Garden Inn, made my stay enjoyable. In the next few years I will likely return to Aiken (for family events) and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience with us and found us to be a good value. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I stayed one night to visit family in Aiken. The check-in process was quick, and the guy working the front desk was very friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. I'm not sure when the hotel was built, but it is not dated. The mattress on the beds had adjustments to make it firm or soft. I had mine set to soft and woke up in the middle of the night sinking into the mattress. I adjusted it back to firm, and was comfortable. It is located near a mall with major stores and restaurants. They have free wi-fi. We stayed on the fourth floor and the Internet speeds were fast. I believe this hotel is one of the best places you will find in Aiken. If and when we come back to Aiken my family and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has fast wi-fi.