“Clean and modern”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
New York City
“Clean and modern”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one evening with family. The hotel is very clean, the staff were very friendly and the rooms seemed new. The wi-fi was free and worked well. The hotel is near a mall, which is somewhat depressing b/c half of the stores are empty. The downtown is only a five minute drive. I also chose the bed and breakfast option bc I was traveling with 2 kids. It's a good value for the money (we were four in total). The eggs weren't the greatest, but it is a good deal given the other items available at breakfast (cereal, coffee, juice, yogurt, etc). While Aiken is short on entertainment, the Hilton Garden Inn, made my stay enjoyable. In the next few years I will likely return to Aiken (for family events) and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience with us and found us to be a good value. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I stayed one night to visit family in Aiken. The check-in process was quick, and the guy working the front desk was very friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. I'm not sure when the hotel was built, but it is not dated. The mattress on the beds had adjustments to make it firm or soft. I had mine set to soft and woke up in the middle of the night sinking into the mattress. I adjusted it back to firm, and was comfortable. It is located near a mall with major stores and restaurants. They have free wi-fi. We stayed on the fourth floor and the Internet speeds were fast. I believe this hotel is one of the best places you will find in Aiken. If and when we come back to Aiken my family and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has fast wi-fi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good experience and enjoyed the hotel. An enthusiastic trip advisor review is the best compliment we can get. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Aiken
Reviewed December 24, 2012

On september 2012 I went to the Hilton Garden Inn - Aiken (located on East Gate Drive) and reserved a handicapped room (roll-in shower) for my mother who has advance MS and requires 24 hour care. I reserved for December 25 through January 1st. I explained the importance of having the handicapped room. I presented my credit card and was given a confirmation number. I went again on November to make sure everything was in place. On December 24th in the afternoon I received a phone call from them informing me that they had given my room to another person. I went there and spoke to the lady at the counter and she put me on the phone with the manager. I also requested to speak to the general manager who I could not speak to because he was in Trinidad on Vacation. I was told that no specific room is guaranteed, even when you make a reservation. I explained how I specifically requested the handicapped room for my mother due to her medical condition, and that the other rooms were not suitable for her. They gave me the name of two other hotels with roll-in showers in Aiken, with no sign of remorse or recognition of their mistake. I tried with no success to contact Hilton headquarters regarding this issue, The hotels they recommended did not have the disable room and shower that my mother needed. So, while they had Christmas, my family and I did not, we spent it looking for a room for my mother. How can people at this hotel be so cold and irresponsible?

4 Thank fedanu
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the challenges you had with your reservation. I am very sorry that we had a conflict with our roll in shower room. A guest arrived on 12/22 for a 2 night stay and required a roll in shower. On 12/24 that guest extended. I am very sorry our team did not respond in a caring manner to this very difficult situation. Our owners are addressing this issue with the hotel team. I do wish we could have found a better solution. We will follow up with you directly.
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I went to Aiken (from the west coast) for a niece's wedding. We had never been there before, and accepted the advice of my sister (mother of the bride), who now lives there. It was a great choice! The staff was very friendly, especially DJ, the young woman who checked us in late at night and the next morning gave us advice on what do see and do in our spare time.

We had a junior suite with a king-size bed for something just over $100 per night -- the best bargain I've ever had in a hotel. It was new, clean and neat and had free WiFi. We didn't see another hotel in Aiken that could have been anywhere near as good!

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet area, so I don't think it matters which side your on. But our 3rd floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am excited to konw that you had a great experience at our hotel. A glowing review on Trip Advisor is the greatest compliment a guest can give us. Our team works hard to deliver a memorable experience and an outstanding value. Thank you for letting us know that we exceeded your expecations. Happy Holidays.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed November 13, 2012

i lived previously in Aiken for many years and it's so nice to go back and visit and stay in a nice clean , upscale hotel. being in town for many yrs. and in the travel industry I have seen if not stayed in most of the properties there. there are a few nice others but you will definately get what you pay for. And in some cases not. Some others are overpriced, but this hotel is exactly what it says it is. And what previous reviews has said...very nice, clean, great location, priced just right. Good food, nice bar, rooms are perfect for business or family. Have done both double, king and jr. Suite. All worked for us as far as for business or family travel. I've been staying once a month now, and seems it will continue for many months. Hotel is very accommodating to our needs and wishes. Love the free wifi, complimentary part of Brkfast and what is charged on bar is minimal. You choose to eat off quick bar, with free coffee or you can sit down to be served. Staff is great! can't go wrong with this property. I love the fact that they have adjustable beds, they are Oh So Comfy!! They mgr. even calls to find out when you've checked in to ask if you have found your room just as you wish. That's great customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience returning "home". We hope to welcome you back soon, Happy Holidays. We wish you safe travles and much success.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Aikens, SC is a very nice town. The downtown area has a great deal of charm and is worth a tourist visit, which is exactly what we did recently. On that trip we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The regular AAA room rate was $139.00, but by using 15,000 Hilton Honors points I was able to get that down to $50.00. The hotel is very nice and is located in a nice semi-commercial area that has plenty of chain restaurants nearby. We were impressed by the friendliness and welcoming attention that we were given upon check-in (as well as the next morning). The staff has obviously been well trained in customer satisfaction techniques, which we greatly appreciated.

We were given a good room on the first floor that was modern, clean and comfortable, although not what I would consider spacious. Now, here is the problem. They seem to have only "Sleep Number" beds, which are not our favorites. In fact, I do not believe that ours really worked properly, but since I do not particularly care for that kind of bed, I cannot be sure. In addition, the shower rack (and the shower head) is located too high, meaning that the shower curtain barely reaches to the tub. Thus, if you nudge the curtain when taking a shower you will get water all over the floor - silly for a fairly new hotel. As I suggested earlier, the shower head was so high that I could barely reach it. Most women, like my wife, definitely could not do so.

There were a coulple of other quirks like the A/C system that was very difficult to control. But, overall, we can in good conscience recommend this hotel, as long as prospective guests are aware of the quirks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed one night at this Hilton Garden Inn with our children and the hotel was great. The two-queen Jr Suite was spacious enough for our family, with a sitting area with pull out couch, bathroom in the middle and then a sleeping area with two beds. The bathroom was clean, modern, nice towels, the bed firmness was adjustable, we had two TVs, an air conditioner that worked and didn't make crazy noises, and we couldn't hear our neighbors breathe. The location was great since it is near a mall, grocery store, theater and restaurants, all within walking distance.

The only complaint I have is that the hotel did not have complimentary breakfast, which is an added value and convenient for traveling families, especially with a nightly rate over $100.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is the top, and choose a room away from the elevators, as usual.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you and your family had a good expereince and enjoyed our convenient location. Our suites and jr. suites are perfect for families traveling with children. We do have bed and breakfast packages available at all times that include breakfast at a reduced rate. The value of this package is perfect for a famly. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, please let us know. We do appreciate your business and your feedback.