“Staff very helpful”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed May 14, 2007

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express were very polite and help
ful. The room was very Clean and up dated. My Husband and I
enjoyed are stay there very much and we will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JLRoss
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 9, 2007

We stayed here for one night during the Masters. The staff was so kind and professional. We had a small issue with the bathroom and before I could hang up the telephone to report it someone was there to solve the problem. They had a wonderful little happy hour at the hotel in the evening and a great little breakfast.
The rooms were clean and quiet. We couldn't have asked for anything more.
The treatment we received was equal to that of a 5 star hotel - actually better - no one had false airs - just wonderful southern hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We had no trouble at all. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Breakfast was excellant & we plan to stay there again. The total price with luxury tax & fees was $105. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone traveling. Aiken downtown has changed over the years and is now delightful.

K & M
Mt. Plymouth, FL

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FLKateD
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Stayed here on a land buying trip to Aiken and was very pleased with the accomodations. Everything clean, well-maintained and efficiently run. We used the washer late one night and the desk staff was kind enough to let us collect our clothes even tho the office was closed. Very convenient to downtown, historic and horse areas altho not within walking distance. The breakfast bar was the best I've ever seen.

The only negative is that they do not have working wi-fi internet as advertised. Apparently it has been down a while. I was unhappy with this as it was the main reason I had picked this hotel. Make sure you download and sign up for a Boingo account before you go and you will be able to use that ($9.95 / per 24 hours).

Overall a great value and a great place to stay in Aiken as long as you can deal with the lack of free wi-fi.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Donza
A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Tn
Reviewed April 10, 2005

If you plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Whiskey Rd in Aiken, SC beware of the difficulty in checking out.

The hotel required a credit card to secure the room and they advised that they would bill the card for the full amount of stay "as a deposit". No problem to me. The problem came in time to check out. I did not want to leave the charges on my credit card and had the full amount in my hand in cash. When I told the front desk clerk that I wanted to check out and pay, her response was "the problem is we charged the full amount to your credit card". Ok, reverse the charges on my card and take my cash. She couldnt do it and the person who could would not be in for another 1.5 hours. Since I had to leave in 20 minutes, this didnt help. We debated this more and she called the manager on duty. Thru the phone to the front desk he said the same thing: the person who could do that would not be in for 1.5 hours. A manager that cant reverse charges??? Hard to believe.

So my room was billed without my consent, a front desk clerk who can only charge for room but cant reverse the charges, and a manger who wont see guest on billing issues.

Be careful staying here.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2004

If you are coming to Aiken to go to a wedding, a golf outing, or any social event, you should stay here. It is in a great location, and you are near everything. It is a great price, too.

5  Thank dm
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2003

This hotel is not as nice as the super 8, but is agreat value. The room rates include free breakfast, and access to their large pool. The only drawback was that the hotel did not have interior corridors. Loved the breakfast!!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member