“Family of 4 - very pleased.”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Jackson, Tennessee
“Family of 4 - very pleased.”
Reviewed January 9, 2010

- Excellent continental breakfast. Eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereal, oatmeal, warm cinnamon rolls, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, milk, coffee, and 3 kinds of juice. I'm pretty sure I didn't even list it all. As close as you're going to get to a homecooked breakfast at a motel, and it's included in the cost!
- Beds have 2 hard and 2 soft pillows each. (I love that they were labeled 'hard' and 'soft' - adorable.)
- Free wi-fi and cable internet
- Easy driving distance to alot of food places, Applebees is within walking distance.
- Near historic downtown (if that's your thing.)

I cannot comment on price - we're on a business trip with my husband so we didn't pay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colorado
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Stayed here on a visit to the Aiken area. My one disappointment was that this Holiday Inn Express was a motel versus a hotel. My room was in good condition, but I much prefer the motel style. Good value for the cost. $75.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
florida
Reviewed August 10, 2009

disappointing...carpet needed attention..room odor..staff anything but friendly..checked out a day early..moved on.hair in the bath tub upon arrival..not so clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Aiken hotels

Grandville, Michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed here for two nights during Masters 09 to avoid even higher prices in Augusta. The room still cost me over $250 per night for very modest accomidations. Rooms were fairly clean but dated and tv's were old. I could only get a smoking room the first night which of corse smelled horrible. They moved me the second night although the new room was worn and even more dated. Breakfast was included and was good and the help was very nice and helpfull. Due to the price I moved over to the sleep inn which was almost $100 cheaper for a nicer room. I'm sure it might be a decent deal aside from the Masters but this hotel was sure overpriced when I stayed so I will not be staying there again. Also, I feel that the pool and hot tub should have been open in April in GA.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank flga747
Atlanta
Reviewed February 20, 2009

We travel to the area a lot and we always stay in the Holiday Inn Express. They always have great rates and allow pets. I enjoy seeing the same happy staff every time I am there!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Hotel is adequate at best. Exterior corridors.

Tried to check in around noon. Was told that our rooms would not be available until 2pm. Upon return at 2pm, only one room was available. Took almost 30 minutes for the second room to be made available.

Disappointing.

More like an older Days Inn than a Holiday Inn Express. Probably won't stay again. There is a nice Fairfield right next door that i'll try next time.

• Liked — Internet access was free
  • Disliked — Poor room layout / quality and exterior corridors - lousy customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 2, 2008

We booked this Hotel as we needed a hotel that was Pet Friendly. We read the reviews first and always check Trip Advisor before booking a hotel or vacation. This is our first time writing a review. The staff at this hotel was very friendly and very helpful. We needed to stay an additional two nights and even though the hotel was primarily booked up they were very helpful in securing our same room for the additional time needed. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast buffet is very nice. Perfect if traveling with dogs. This hotel charges an extra fee of $45 but for the entire stay not per nite. We checked many other hotels and the pet rates were outrageous! We were very happy with this Holiday Inn Express!

• Liked — Pet friendly
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)