Clarion Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Aiken)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've stayed here many times over the years and always had a pleasant experience. We normally check in late and have always been greeted by a friendly clerk and the rooms are always clean and adequate. The parking lot in the back needs better lighting, but other than that I've never had any complaints. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
dos155, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your review on the Clarion Inn & Suites. Yes we do pride ourselves on service and we are glad you enjoyed our southern hospitality. We are looking into the lighting in the rear of the hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We also look forward to you coming back again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The first hotel room smelt like wet dog then we got another room it was better but wasn't to my likening. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were cold it was perfect. Breakfast was good. There was mold on the door which was discussing. Some of the furniture was damp. It's a little shabby I wouldn't recommend for someone to stay there !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nell IT B
dos155, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for the review. We value your opinion and will look into this matter both good and unforeseen.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family wanted to meet for a reunion in Aiken SC. One of the family member have never been to Aiken and stayed at the Clarion Inn got the booking information. I have experienced staying in the Clarion Hotels before in Orlando Fl, but nothing like this. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I had three rooms booked but had to move to another room because of the wet damp smell and not to say the mold in the rooms and around the doors. OMG!!!!!!!! The hall way smelled as well. I wanted to move to another hotel but because of my dad other family members were coming he wanted to stay. Another family member came in late and had to move three times to a different room, she was so disappointed because this is what she did for a living booking hotels but not this one. We plan to come to Aiken again but will NEVER stay at the Clarion Inn again, it need updating. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very disappointing. I don't know who posted these reviews before but if anyone don't believe me go and see for yourself. Not to say, the key stop working for a couple of rooms had to get the maintenance to come fix it . The Girls at the front desk where very helpful. Wish I could have gotten credit for my stay but it's ok know what to do.

Room Tip: Sleep Inn rooms are large and very clean. In walking distance to restaurants and Wal-Mart. On the main highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Clementine B

We thank you for your review. We value your opinion and we look into the matter both good and the unforeseen.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff went out of their way to be helpful and kind. All our rooms were clean and fresh. The location was nice because we could walk across the street to Applebee's and The Fresh Market. Breakfasts were very good and offered plenty of choices. I would absolutely recommend staying there for a reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

As I type this review, I'm sitting in my hotel room using the extremely slow, but free wireless/wired internet. Our room is adequate, and best of all, odor free. My wife is extremely sensitive to smells like deodorizers and cleaners (they trigger Migraine Headaches). This room was clean (mostly) upon our arrival. I found a dirty sock under the ottoman near the padded chair as we were bringing in our luggage. Apparently they don't move furniture when they vacuum.

It looks like it has been well used and could need a bit of a facelift. The door to the room looks like someone had used a pry bar to try and break in. The door operated fine, just looks like it has seen better days. Many of the outlet covers were smashed/broken. Don't know how that could happen in some of the areas I found them like that (ie under the desk). The refrigerator in the room keeps stuff cool at best, and could be defrosted. The AC units either wasn't working or barely working. Luckily the weather wasn't too hot, or we may have had a problem. My wife likes it much warmer than I do, so for her it wasn't a problem.

The good news about this place is that it sits in a very nice secluded wooded area. It is very quiet even though there is a state highway (SC 19/Whiskey Road) right next to it. There are several eating establishments within a very short drive or walk. The beds in this room were the best we've had on the current trip we're on. The towels they provide are plentiful and very nice and plush.

Even with the issues I wrote about, I would definitely stay here again. Just having a fragrance free room was worth it to my wife and I. We booked the room through the Hotel's website and got what I thought to be a good price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family