Clarion Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn(Aiken)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
SleepInn
Quality Inn & Suites(Aiken)(Great Value!)
$63
QualityInn
$84
Country Inn
TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road(Aiken)(Great Value!)
$87
$99
Hampton Inn Aiken(Aiken)(Great Value!)
$98
Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken(Aiken)(Great Value!)
$94
$80
$103
$97
$127
Hotels.com
$220
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Bonafide hotel snob, raising my hand over here!
After reading the reviews, I was a little bit scared to check in at the Clarion. However, there aren't many options in Aiken, and the location and ability to have dogs couldn't be beat.
I was quite pleased. Comfortable beds though scantily clad, no damp hotel stink in the room, shower was great, couldn't complain too much about a 70$ hotel room that allowed dogs!
If I were being picky, the blankets on the bed are really sort of pathetic. I like a good chunk of blankets to fight off the chill from a cranked hotel AC unit.
The drain in the shower was faulty, and there were some mildew stains on the interior of the shower curtain.
I've stayed there twice at this point, and the second stay was even more pleasing than the first.
Would I recommend this hotel if you were looking for luxury? Well, no. But it's a cheap hotel in a great location. Can't complain :)

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are a bit quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allie c
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I booked a room on-line through the Clarion reservation system and when I arrived to check in the place was in chaos. A storm blew out their key lock system and the whole town was booked solid so we couldn't go anywhere else. Once we got to our room there was no sofa bed as promised and the only response we got was sorry! Also there were no available roll away beds either and another - sorry! I asked for a rate reduction and guess what another - sorry! These people knew we were 1 time guests and wouldn't return and they were very unaccommodating. I did feel sorry for the staff to some degree as they were only doing what they were told to do! This old motor court did have a decent mattress on the bed but the room was dirty and the tub was filthy! We are glad we only had to spend 1 night there and definitely will not return!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed W
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at this facility. The time before it was still a Holiday Inn & Suites. Since Clarion has taken over, it has been cleaned up and I must be honest, it was a much more enjoyable stay especially since they take dogs. The indoor pool is nice and the staff was just wonderful. The only complaint we had was the "hot" breakfast. Perhaps it was just the one morning we were there but it wasn't very hot. We had to stick to cereal, toast, etc. All-in-all, a very adequate hotel and much cleaner since Clarion took over. We would stay again except we now bought in Aiken. However, we have already recommended it to other people especially those with dogs.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor by the pool. During pool season, this could be noisy as the whirpool was just outside our door. However, for this visit, it was wonderfully quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We chose this Inn due to location and past stays with this type of Inn. We were unable to book our top choice of lodging, so this was chosen as a backup. We were greeted very gruffly upon arrival.
We initially felt sorry about making the evening receptionist do her job. When we arrived at our room, my son wanted to turn around and leave. He was asking if we could just please sleep in the van. The walls were dirty- we don't want to know with what. The trim around the in-room sink had something growing on it, and we were greeted with mold upon entering the bathroom. I told my son we could manage the stay, but that everything brought in was to be bagged. Only clothes and overnight supplies were taken into the room and bagged when not in use. When we left everything was bagged. My son lasted only one night and then went to stay with his older sister to sleep on the floor of her seasonal camper. He had started coughing during the night- we think the mold set his asthma off since nothing else was new to him. The checkout person was very nice and when told about the mold wanted to send the maintenance worker to fix it. You can't fix mold from poor ventilation unless you rework the room setup.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed because it was close to the Odell Weeks tennis center, where we were participating in a tournament. Positives include the pricing, which was good using the AARP discount. Staff was friendly, the room was clean and a basic buffet breakfast was included.

The negatives were not all that bad. The property is older, without the amenities we have come to expect. Door opened to the outside. Aiken is a low-crime town, so this was acceptable, but not great. The television was an old analog unit, but did include cable. The bathroom was cramped. We didn't spend much time in the room, so these were not deal breakers.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends