“Will definitely be staying here again.”
Review of Hotel Aiken

Hotel Aiken
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for the weekend while visiting family members.

The staff is wonderful, the young lady at the front desk-Brittany was very helpful and went out of her way to accommodate my daughter and I and point us in the direction of child friendly eating establishments in the area. Anything I had an issue with she worked with me to solve.

The room was good, clean and a decent size. It is a good value for the money.

All in all I was very pleased with my stay and will be coming back to stay in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank kitsunefire

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Once again, my frineds and I visited the beautiful town of Aiken and stayed at the Hotel Aiken.
The staff is the best. This one of a kind hotel was built over 100 years ago and still has the oldest elevator in SC, and the only one in the building. The staff has to operate it for you so if you have trouble with stairs, be sure to let them know when you are making a reservation so you can get a ground floor room in the annex part of the hotel.

It is so much fun to check in and know it will not be a chain motel experience. The young man at the front desk not only carried my luggage for me, he checked us in our rooms, took us up on the elevator and went and got the ice.

It was getting late and being tired from the busy week we wanted to eat in. Much to my surprise, the bar area served food so downstairs we went. The bar is a large area with more than one room and an outside bar. We sat between the bar and the room with a live band so we could people watch and eat at the same time. The food was better than ever expected in a bar setting. If you like nacho's, they were the best ever and the serving was huge! We ordered some wings and they were awesome too. It was nice to know the food choices were not just the run of the mill mocrowaved bar food. The prices were very reasonable too and there were all kinds of food choices
The room was on a corner on the front so we had a nice view of the downtown area and it was not too loud with the band being on the other end of the building. The room was not very large but it did have a king bed in it and I doubt the hotel was build for king size beds over 100 years ago. The bathroom was very modern and the room was nice and clean with new looking furnishings. My favorite part were the windows, they actually opened and the weather was perfect for sleeping with them open.

As I said in my review from last year, if you are looking for new and modern motel, stay at a chain motel along the highway, this is not the place for you. If you want to enjoy a southern experience in a one of a kind charming old hotel, this is the place. The rooms I have stayed in on my two visits have been clean, comfortable and the staff very accommodating and my friends agree with my reviews for their rooms too.

There is music and dancing on the weekends in the rather large bar area downstairs so if you want peace and quiet and an early night, be sure to ask for a room away from the bar area.

There are good restaurants in walking distance of the hotel and we felt safe walking down the main street in the evening to enjoy a couple of them.

There is a real cool deli place about a block away on the main street that had a unique menu of locally grown foods and other choices and home baked breads and goodies. Sorry I can't remember the name of it and you can eat inside or street side. It is very casual and was a good breakfast spot too.

Overall, my experience at the Hotel Aiken has turned me into a fan and I hope to return at least once a year for that special visit to enjoy the Battle of Aiken and the great sutler shopping.

I wish I could remember the young mans name from the front desk, Mark I think. He keep my ice bucket full all weekend and had answers for all of my questions before we would go site seeing and enjoying the Battle of Aiken reenactment.

The Hotel Aiken is a place I would feel very safe to stay alone in and we have enjoyed staying there as a group of friends. The lobby is large and has plenty of seating for visiting and making new friends.

The customer service is awesome and we all know how hard it is to find these days.

If you ever have a chance to visit Aiken you should check out the Hotel Aiken.

Room Tip: Make sure you let them know if you have trouble with stairs and if you want a quiet room and most of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank deerrivers
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fancy website, and if you look at it on Google Street view it looks pretty good, but I think "faded glory" sums it up.

We are in "the courtyard" which is just a strip of standard American motel rooms in the parking lot.

There's nothing *wrong* with it; it's just not what it cracks itself up to be.

Once you know what to expect, it's all right.

Oh, and ... the complimentary drink in the bar? Stick to a beer that you know!

Room Tip: Ermmmm ... who can say if one is better than another?
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesHappyWalker
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had a great stay at Hotel Aiken (built in the 1800s) in downtown Historic Aiken South Carolina. It located about 2 hours south of Charlotte Nc and 1 hour east of Augusta Georgia. There are 3 bars including an outdoor bar and a wonderful quaint pub. They have bands and other events planned. Restaurants and shops are all within walking distance. Yes the rooms can be updated but we like them fine just the way they are.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen B
HotelAikenMgnt, General Manager at Hotel Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for the feedback, we here at Hotel Aiken are going through some positive changes and will continue to do so. Hopefully we will be complete with all the construction and remodeling soon. Again thank you for staying with us and hopefully will see you soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been up here several times; it is an easy motorcycle ride, the hotel is centrally located & parking is easy. Hope Brittany is on duty - she goes out of her way to help you out. Today as we checked out she took the time to show us a room she thought we would like more than the one we had after we mentioned room problems we had on this trip. When we came in the fall, she helped us booking the room. Every time she is cheerful & makes coming here a pleasure. She is one of the reasons we stay here while in Aiken.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie A
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my high school reunion which was held in one of their banquet spaces. The staff was wonderful; very polite and welcoming. The location is very convenient. I definitely enjoyed my stay at Hotel Aiken. However, the hotel desperately needs to be updated.....they still have the old 90s style tube televisions. This is a historic property and it is quite charming. Even though the sleeping rooms need a fresh coat of paint and updated amenities, I would happily stay at Hotel Aiken again.

Room Tip: Unique and Historic property!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom A
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Yes - the location of this historic hotel is great for shopping and restaurants - but the facility itself leaves a lot to be desired! The lobby had a bad odor but the girl at the desk was pleasant and welcoming. The carpet was past needing to be replaced and was filthy dirty! The room didn't look very much like the picture they show here - the bed was poorly made - the bathroom was very small although it looked like it had been updated a bit - but the dust and dirt on the baseboards was an inch thick I think - there was mold in the ceiling tiles from the room above.The breakfast in the morning was not great - I had yogurt and some Cheerios - the cereal was stale and the coffee was weak. My husband got some eggs and bacon - but chose not to eat it - we left and found someplace else to eat!

The girl at the desk was there when we arrived - still there when we came back from dinner in the evening and there again this morning at 7:00am! She asked how our experience was and we were very honest with her - she acted like she was not surprised! It's too bad because it's a beautiful old building that needs a lot of TLC! We enjoyed our time in Aiken but will never go back to this hotel unless they fix it up!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheechinsc
HotelAikenMgnt, General Manager at Hotel Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We are very sorry for your experience here at Hotel Aiken. We are currently gearing up for a renovation here and would like for you to consider giving us another try in the future. We appreciate your feedback and will correct these problems immediately. Thank you for helping us make improvements here at Hotel Aiken.

Bryan C. Mitchell