Recently three soccer officials stayed at the Hotel Aiken for two nights in this downtown location.
First the positives;
1. The hotel is centrally located within walking distance of many local taverns and restaurants.
2. The hotel is an easy walk to many downtown shops and many lovely parks.
3. The streets are cobblestone which brings about a southern charm that is a wonderful attribute.
4. The welcoming hostess was Amanda and she was very helpful and charming to all of us. She answered all of our questions in detail. A wonderful first impression.
5. The live music and bar in the hotel was very nice and welcoming with two complementary drinks in the evening.
1. The "warm" breakfast was far from warm and the eggs were chalking tasting. The breakfast was very minimal and the hostess was not ready for us when we came down on both days @ 6:30 am even though they were suppose to be ready by 6:00.
2. We stayed in the complex next to the original hotel and the rooms were clean, but dated. The maid service was very good and each day we found our room properly cleaned and stacked with supplies. The room was simply tired looking, but otherwise ok.
If you want to be downtown and relive a little bit of history in this southern town, this is the place for you. Just be aware that it is dated and some of the rooms will be old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Aiken is the perfect place to "play & stay" in downtown Aiken! Originally built in 1898 the main building of the Hotel Aiken has gone through many changes and a series of major and continuous renovations since 2001, with the accent on retaining the historical feel of this landmark building whilst providing all the modern amenities one would expect from a contemporary Hotel, such as free use of hard-wired HSIA in all rooms. We also offer more moderate accommodations in our courtyard building, where the rooms are basic, standard motel rooms. We have three on site bars, which makes Hotel Aiken one of downtown Aiken’s most popular watering holes. We have live entertainment on Wednesday-Saturday nights until 2AM and are open seven days a week. Hotel Aiken is centrally located and considered "party central" almost every day of the week. Please keep this in mind when making your reservations at our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Aiken reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.