“Fly away Flies...Fly Fly”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Ashaway
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 4, 2013

More flies in the dining area than an open air street market in Calcutta. On the walls! In the air! Landing on my food while we ate...I lost it when the owner started killing flies with a fly swatter in the dining room in front of customer. This was not the first time with flies here either.It could happen to anyplace I figured so i tried again...but there is a major insect problem in this place !! I can't go here anymore! Go see it for yourself!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Their ranking is deceiving. This is by far the best Chinese restaurant in westerly, and one of the best in RI. I grew up in westerly and back then it was my favorite. I have since moved to the northern part of RI and no Chinese restaurant comes close! I come back here as often as possible.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

There is no doubt from us area folk that the quality and value at LUCKY HOUSE on Route #3 in Ashaway, RI is outstanding. Food is consistently great, service is great and prices are very competetive. Recommend to anyone.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I know a bunch of people who swear by this place. I just don't get it. The food is mediocre at best. The atmosphere is your typical towny establishment. Will my negative review hurt? Nope. Why? Because it is townies who go here.

1  Thank njwashor
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Things have changed since the first time I ate there a couple of years ago.
it started off with a table that was all sticky. You could see the grime in the suns glare. I asked the sweet waiter to clean it and he ran a wet cloth over it but I think it needed bleach. I had chinese for lunch so I thought chicken and fries would be a good thing for a restaurant that fries meats for all their sweet foods. The fries were limp frozen potatos heated in a microwave.
In ordering the chicken we had a discussion regarding the 2 types of chicken fingers in the menu. I ordered what was explained as the one with a thin crust and more chicken. It was like a greasy corn dog with chicken instead of a hot dog..I rolled one in a napkin and the grease was soaking. I didn't touch the cole slaw because the place felt unclean and I didn' t trust it. It looked like ut has been sitting in mayo fir a while. It had that wet look. I didn't eat a second fry..I ate a quarter of the chicken.
The doggie bag really went to the dog..after we removed the greasy skin.