“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Iron Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Avoca
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I cannot believe I have lived in this area for 5 years and have never found this place until now. My friend and I decided to try it out after I got home from work late one night. We were both starving, and we were excited to learn that they are open 24 hours AND have a salad bar. We arrived after midnight and there were very few customers in the place, but it was very clean and well lit. The salad bar was so fresh, it was like they just put everything out. My friend had the chicken fried chicken, which was HUGE and absolutely delicious! I had a cheeseburger which was cooked perfectly and I gotta say that the food looked so good, I took pics of it... lol The service was excellent. The waitress was attentive, but not hovering and the food came out quickly and it was served hot. The prices are good for the amount and quality of food you get, even at midnight! Also, they had Himalayan Pink Salt on the tables which was pretty cool. Definitely will be going back again and again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank M L

Palm Coast, Florida
“good food,reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

wife and i stop in the evening about once a month, being local residents. great place to get breakfast anytime. good buffet, really decent soups. wait staff is generally pleasant, especially nicole. in the 30+ times we have been there we have never had a bad meal.

• Visited December 2012
Scranton
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

You have to do the buffet when you go here. It has been my experience that you can basically trust a truck stop for food and this one does not disappoint. They have a great variety and carving stations. Great value for the money.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Marie O
Hollins, Virginia
“It's a truck stop diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Based on the name alone, we thought it may be some sort of Amish-theme family place or similar. But it's really just a diner in an otherwise unappealing Petro truck stop complex.

That being said, the food was actually OK, although pricey - on par with IHOP on both counts. And the service was fine. But the setting was not so good. We would have definitely prefered a stand-alone IHOP.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Decent Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I decided to have a decent breakfast this morning as I had some time before I had to pick up my next load so I stopped in. I had the breakfast omelette with spinach, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese with hash browns and toast on the side and a large orange juice to drink. The meal was decent and the price was just about right, not cheap but not expensive.