“Great food”

Iron Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Avoca
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scranton
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

You have to do the buffet when you go here. It has been my experience that you can basically trust a truck stop for food and this one does not disappoint. They have a great variety and carving stations. Great value for the money.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Marie O

Hollins, Virginia
“It's a truck stop diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Based on the name alone, we thought it may be some sort of Amish-theme family place or similar. But it's really just a diner in an otherwise unappealing Petro truck stop complex.

That being said, the food was actually OK, although pricey - on par with IHOP on both counts. And the service was fine. But the setting was not so good. We would have definitely prefered a stand-alone IHOP.

• Visited July 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Decent Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I decided to have a decent breakfast this morning as I had some time before I had to pick up my next load so I stopped in. I had the breakfast omelette with spinach, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese with hash browns and toast on the side and a large orange juice to drink. The meal was decent and the price was just about right, not cheap but not expensive.

Pennsylvania
“Good Food - Large Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

We didn't have the buffet but when we walked past it it didn't look too good. It looked like a very small selection of food.

We ordered off the menu and they have a large selection to choose from. I had the cheeseburg and my husband had the fish and chips. Both were excellent and the portions were huge. Service is good and the prices are about average.

• Visited September 2011
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“More of a trucker stop type of place with sloppy food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stopped to try this today and went for the buffet without looking at it first - that was our mistake. On going up to get the food - all the hot stuff looked all crusty like it had been sitting around for hours (even though the place was quite full of people tho maybe they hadn't had the buffet and chose other things?). The spagetti looked like what it would look on a childs plate after they'd played with it. Not appetising. I skipped all the hot stuff completely as none of it looked nice at all and it looked just really sloppy and half hearted.

The corn bread was nice. I tried the blueberry pie which looked like it was straight out of a packet...it was nice. The salad was reasonable - though wilting and a bit sad looking. The coleslaw and macaroni salad had no flavour. The bean salad was nice.

The server was really good though.

Overall, not impressed and would not ever go back. Full of bikers and truckers.

1 Thank Treenzs