“Free breakfast and dinner”

Homewood Suites Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Audubon
Columbus, Ohio
“Free breakfast and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Staff was very nice. Room was large and really liked the kitchen with full fridge. Enjoyed the hot breakfast. Dinner was deli sandwiches which was adequate. Did not like that they had the meat and cheese together so a bit icky for vegetarians, but they did have everything as an add-your-own so you could get a vegetarian or vegan meal. Tea and hot chocolate 24/7 was very nice when coming in out of the cold.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sean F, General Manager at Homewood Suites Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to "Welcoming You Home" again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Meade, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We've booked Homestead in other areas when staying more than one evening because of the extra room, kitchen facilities, etc. They all have been satisfactory--but this hotel rates first class.
It was perefect for our needs. I didn't know that it was a pet friendly hotel until I saw others checking in with their pawed family members to attend a local pet show. Next time we may bring Sassy, our Pomeranian, rather than book her into a kennel. The location is great for business or pleasure. Top of the line restaurants, great shopping and a casino are all just a short drive away.

Room Tip: The amenities are very flexible. Our family baby shower (five adults and two grandchildren)was accom...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Quincy, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I spent five nights at this Homewood Suites in August. This was very convenient for us as my wife was attending a conference at the Expo Center a couple miles away. This is one of the nicest of the dozen or so Homewoods we've stayed in over the years.
Our suite was quite comfortable and in great condition. Housekeeping was excellent.
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, especially for dining recomendations.
The breakfasts were good, and the coffee plentiful. Also appreciated that they don't nickle and dime you with separate charges for parking and wifi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wfgjr
Noank, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here for business in DEC 2012. Hotel was great. Staff was very friendly upon arrival. There are many places to eat close by and a sports bar near by that is like a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

Breakfast is served every morning and they even provide a couple of dinner options at night. Also included is complimentary beer and wine until 7:30.

The rooms are spacious and clean and are what you would expect from a major chain hotel.

There is no restaurant or bar in the hotel. But as I mentioned there are many close by and a few within walking distance

Good place for business travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We completely and totally enjoyed our visit at the Homewood Suites. We stayed here for 3 weeks in Room 201 while we waited to close on our new home in Philadelphia. The location was good with a number of restaurants and shopping very near by and the commute into the city was on average 35 minutes. The staff was superb in every category. The front desk was ALWAYS kind and helpful. Having a 3 year old stuck in a hotel for 3 weeks was not easy, but the staff was always kind and smiled as he rode his bicycle in the corridors. The hotel has free dinner and wine/beer on Mon-Thurs. evenings. The room was great with a kitchenette and a separate bedroom that was nice and clean. Overall, this was probably the best value hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Central Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had been staying about 15-20 minutes away from Audubon during the first part of my time in PA but found it wasn't as convenient as I first thought, and i'm glad! I investigated hotels in this area and after phoning for quotes etc., chose Homewood Suites.
From the minute I checked in I was made feel very welcome by each and every member of staff. I really must mention the wonderful reception staff, I originally checked in with Courtney then went upstairs to unpack. After about 1.5 hrs I wanted to go get some stuff for the fridge and as I went to walk out through reception she asked if I had everything I required AND used my name! I have stayed in a lot of high-end hotels but never felt an all-over-smile like that!
After breakfast the following morning I went to reception to deposit my iPad etc and met the wonderful Diane, she was lovely, making sure I had been in for breakfast before heading out for my day. She was on duty for my departure and after completing the receipt of the safe key she shook my hand firmly and said it had been a pleasure meeting me and hoped I would come back and visit with them again. I could only say thank you and I will, before getting out the door or I would have started crying! Sooo kind and thoughtful, a true treasure that this hotel must appreciate and retain. Anyway that's the Reception Fan Club flyer written ;)).....
The reception area is very well presented with lots of comfy couches and sidelights. I was on the 2nd floor (UK1st) almost opposite the alcove housing the vending machines if you need something and don't want to go out. There was a laundry with three washing machines and three dryers, each load taking $1.75 in quarters.
My suite was incredible, very fresh without smelling of cleaning product or air fresheners. You have a small kitchen that had everything I needed to prepare snacks etc. and a small table. There was a good supply of regular and decaf coffee and a pack of microwave popcorn everyday! There was a large couch that could fold down into a bed if required, armchair/footstool, well-lit writing desk and large flat screen TV.
In the bedroom there were two queensize beds, very comfy with lots of lovely crisp white cotton pillows, two drawer units another large flat-screen TV and another armchair/footstool combo. Lots of side and floor-standing lights to create ambience. Your handbasin was set into a drawer unit next to mirrored door wardrobes from there you turn and have a huge bathroom with stacks of big fluffy white towels. The shampoo, conditioner, body lotion were really nice too with a fresh unisex scent.
The hotel offers an evening meal served downstairs, just past reception. It usually consisted of a main course with a carb accompaniment but also a large varied mixed leaf salad with seperate salad veg and dressings,they also supply red and white wine and beer on tap. This evening meal is offered from Monday through Thursday so if you are travelling with a couple of children it can save you a lot of money.
Breakfasts were things like scrambled eggs, omelettes, sausages etc with yoghurts, cereals and pastries on the cold side. Large containers of really good coffee and a good selection of teabags too, there are take-away containers for you to have a cup with you on you way out in the car. Plenty of car parking, even if the hotel was full. Large swimming pool out through the dining room but this was covered over during my stay as the locals felt it a tad bracing.....I thought it was lovely and warm :S
They always say it's the little things that mean a lot but in this hotel there are a lot things that make your stay here like a home away from home. Staff were always attentive without being obsequious, in a word PERFECTION!

Room Tip: Come to this hotel and any room will be a good room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sean F, General Manager at Homewood Suites Valley Forge, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey on your recent visit with us here at Homewood Suites - Valley Forge. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Courtney and Diane are just two of the many rock stars we have on our team and I will definitely pass on your comments to them as well as our entire team.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our 4-week roadtrip. This is a very nice, clean hotel, with frendly staff, spacious suites and nice breakfast. It is just a couple of miles away from the huge Mall of Prussia !! Being from Europe we took advantage of the non-tax on clothing in the nearby Tanger Outlets in Lancaster.
Breakfast is well taken care of and is always refilled when empty.
There are weddings in his hotel every weekend, but we didn't notice any noise on the 4th floor.
The only thing we could complain about is that we heard every sound of the people in the room above us, in fact, when somenone went to the bathroom we could hear everything, and i mean "everything"....
Overall a very recommendable hotel!!

Room Tip: Stay on top(5th)floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Audubon
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to Homewood Suites Valley Forge? Share your experiences!