“Our insane family had a great time”

Homewood Suites Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Audubon
Austin, Texas
“Our insane family had a great time”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is the second time my family has stayed here for a family reunion. This time we ranged from a couple of three year olds to those in their late 80's, and it perfectly suited all of us. I was in a double bedroom suite with my husband and two children. We didn't need the kitchen, except for the frig, but it was nice having the living area to get away at times for a bit of non-reunion relaxation.

The beds were comfy, and we found the breakfasts quite satisfactory. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sablatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Traveled here for family reunion. Booked double suite (two bedrooms connected by kitchenette and living room. This was a great option for my me, wife and father-in-law. Each of us had private space but also space where we could visit, watch TV etc. Kitchenette was great and stocked sufficiently with pots, pans, dishes, etc. came with dishwasher and full fridge. We were there only 5 nights and visiting family in the area so we didn't need to cook while there but we made good use of fridge. Rooms were very clean, well laid out and nicely climate controlled on a hot weekend. Sound proofing was very good, we could not hear TV noise or showers etc. from one room to the next.

Grocery store, gas station, restaurants etc. are in the same complex and make for convenient snack, grocery pick up etc.

We used the laundry room which was on the same floor. Front desk had quarters to purchase.

Nice outdoor pool, although didn't use it.

Each comp. breakfast had a hot entree and some type of meat. Pancakes, french toast and prepackaged omlettes were awful and should be avoided, scrambled eggs were decent. Otherwise there was plenty of the usual cereals, bagels, juice coffee, etc.,

Staff was friendly. There was a small problem upon check-in, the desk attendant requested the manager to assist, the manager resolved the problem which was caused by booking through central reservations. I booked the room using my parents CC and was told I would simply need my CC upon check-in as security. Apparently there was an authorization form they needed with my parents signature and a photo of the front and back of the card.
We got the form, checked in and turned in the completed form that evening. The next morning the manager ensured we were happy and that the problem was resolved to our satisfaction. I was impressed that she even remembered my name on a busy holiday weekend.

I was surprised that booking a suite here was actually less expensive than booking two rooms in another hotel in this tiny village.

We'd stay here again next time even if we were paying the tab ourselves!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Audubon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2011

They really make you feel like family here. Our large family wouldn't think to stay anywhere else when visiting us in Valley Forge. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff, from the manager, Nicole, on down, are accommodating and wonderful. Breakfast every day is terrific and they serve dinner four days a week ; while our guests are usually not around for dinner, the menu looked varied and nice. All for a very reasonable room rate. You can't beat it... don't even bother to look somewhere else!

Room Tip: if you need a handicap equipped room they have it and it is great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2011

A last minute trip during the fourth of July weekend using a certificate purchased from Bidding for Good Auction. Although there were two weddings being held that Saturday the front desk was most obliging in giving me just the kind of room I wanted. King accessible, 5th floor, no smoking. We enjoyed the space and location of the room very much.

I am especially fond of Homewood Suites but this was our first trip to this location. A few complaints (small but common to our HOmewood Suites experiences). The hot entrees offered with the complimentary breakfast are not good, premade and rather unappetizing. Better to skip them than to offer below standard choices. I suppose the homemade waffle makers are just too messy to deal with, but they provide a hot delicious treat and would be prefereable to the rubber egg dish. Sausage was OK however and there were adequate cereals, etc.

The combination quilt covered in a duvet that seems to be be common in HS is so darn heavy that one cannot hardly move it nevermind sleep under it. With the AC on (hot July weekend) one needs a blanket plus the exisiting sheets, and not a heavy winter bed covering.

We were following a TV program on Sunday morning and requested a late checkout of 1 pm, rather than 12. Desk agreed to that but then the housekeeping lead came to the door, and the front desk called to check on our departure. Just simple poor communication between staff members. It speaks well for the hotel chain that they donate occasional rooms to various charities, and then treat the guests using lower price certificates very well.

Room Tip: I got more than I paid for by simply asking.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Audubon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I had had a good time during the time I stayed here. All hotel's staffs are very friendly, lovely and willing to help me if I need. They did a good job when trying to prove their slogan: "make yourself at home".

Room Tip: Room in 1st floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
sdb33, General Manager at Homewood Suites Valley Forge, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay! I am happy that our staff made your stay more enjoyable and hope to welcome you back "home" in the future!
New Hampshire
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed at this property for business from Febuary 6th - 8th. Check in was quick, but when I got to my room the smoke smell was overwhelming, even though I requested a non-smoking room. I called down to the front desk, and explained my problem. The woman working offered to send up air freshener to fix the problem, and explained that the room was just changed over from smoking to non. Anyone who has ever entered a room that has been smoked in on a regular basis knows air freshener isn't going to cut it. I explained that was not going to work for me and requested a different room. After a few excuses and attempts to get me to stay in the room, she finally found a non smoking room on a different floor. Back to the front desk to get my key, where the front desk person was extremely curt and obviously not pleased with having to move me. My second room was very clean, but was missing the cute extras from last year, like microwave popcorn, etc. It was also located right above the heating units outside, which made an extremely loud humming noise all night long, I would have requested another room change, but I was already informed about the hotel being fully booked, and I didn't really want to deal with the front desk woman again, so I just dealt with it. I do love the rooms themselves, flat screen tv, free wireless internet. kitchenette with microwave and dishwasher, and the free breakfast was adequate. This visit I did not find the staff overly friendly or helpful like I did my last stay. Check out was quick, efficient, but again not very friendly. Had I been asked how my stay was I would have mentioned the unsatisfactory noise level, but my shuttle had arrived and I needed to leave. I will stay here again next year, as I do think it's the best hotel in the area for my needs, but I'll probably lower my expectations and request a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
sdb33, General Manager at Homewood Suites Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
I am sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites and I apologize that you were disappointed with your second stay. We are very proud of our product and our service and take all feedback seriously. Please know that the issues you experienced will be addressed and corrected immediately. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Shannon Becraft
North Port, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The hotel was nice. The breakfast was adequate. The front desk staff was phenominal. I'm just not sure I've ever stayed at a hotel that the maids came in and didn't make the bed. They also picked up wet towels that I had put on the floor ... folded them and put them on the counter. When I travel, it's normally common practice that if the towel is balled in the floor, it should be replaced.

I will put this down as an interesting experience. I would recommend it to my friends with a side note warning them to be careful with their towels. Oh yeah, and to be prepared to make your own bed. On a side note, I didn't have to leave tips for the maid service!?!?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
I would first like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I also would like to apologize for the issue you had with the bed and the towels. Please be assured that this is not how we operate and if you are in the area in the future I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Shannon Becraft
Also consider these accommodations in or near Audubon
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia V...
#4 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks

Been to Homewood Suites Valley Forge? Share your experiences!