“Rude bartenders and staff”
Review of Audubon Ale House

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hole in the wall place with horrible food and terrible service. The bartender Racheal, was rude and treated us like we were bothering her. Sorry that your lot in life is bartending but with her attitude I'm sure she won't being doing too much more. I would think twice before eating here.

3  Thank SaraB0808

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a late lunch after a visit to Valley Forge and ordered a Reuben Sandwich and the Ale House Burger. These selections were reasonably priced and packed with flavor. The sandwiches were excellent and the fries were perfect! The staff was fun and welcoming and interacted with the regulars at the bar in a light-hearted manner that wasn't off-putting. If we lived closer, we'd make this a regular stop.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Have dined here multiple times on business trips
A look forward to favorite "local" establishment that serves some pretty good food for the price, always clean and entertaining waitstaff with personality!
After spending the day dressed up, talking to customers at a trade show we very much enjoy the laid back atmosphere in this little jewel tucked into a tiny strip mall.
Soup is always good, keep in my mind the primary service provided is described in the name... "Ale House". We visit this area two to three times a year and they always remember us and take good care of us.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

been here a few times on friday and saturday nights..we come here later at night and we are always hoping the dj has figured out that he may be too loud. I go to clubs in NYC, MIAMI, and PHilly but come here for our local dive once and ahwile. While i love the club scene and the metal scene the dj actually cranks it in the is place so loud that you can not talk to the bartender or the people sitting right next to you. He is a old school wedding dj that only gets to "crank it" here since its not a wedding. He must know the owner or comes cheaply because the style if left of center for sure. but its not even the wedding music thats the problem. they have a terrific sound system that the dj thinks is ok to abuse. He cranks it so loud that poeple complain to the staff and owner, but it does not matter. I always thought that if it was too loud you are too old, well I am 27 and this guy just thinks its still cool to be too loud. If you want to talk to people, stay clear, the dj obviously does not know what he is doing....good luck

2  Thank weazelx
Reviewed September 27, 2008

The Audubon Ale house had a nice picture in the Clipper magazine, so my wife and I decided to give it a try. The advertised special was 2 meals and 2 drinks for $20. This should have tipped me off to the quality we could expect. Our waitress was obviously not happy about her job. And the selection of entrees for the special were few. While I understand that 20$ doesn't go far these days, I suggest skipping on this bargain. The biggest turnoff was the overwhelming odor of urine in the men's room. It was overpowering. When I experience something like that, I have to wonder about the conditions in the kitchen. If they fixed that issue, it might be tolerable.

6  Thank Cuervoman

Been to Audubon Ale House? Share your experiences!