“Fantastic brick-oven pizza”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Main Line, PA
“Fantastic brick-oven pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We tried this place for the first time on a spur-of-the-moment last Friday. The owner is a character and the pizzas are amazing. We were told our pizzas would be ready in 35 minutes. We showed up a little bit early, in 25 minutes, and the owner went nuts, telling us that we were "way too early" and we had to "come back later." Kind of odd, but I dropped my wife off at home and drove back to get the pizzas-- one plain cheese and one pepperoni for my kids. The crust was fantastic, crisp but not overcooked. The tomato sauce was sweet, not acidic. I really appreciated how he did not pour globs of mozzarella cheese on the pizza like so many other places do-- the balance between cheese, tomato sauce and basil was just perfect. We picked up one of their menus and plan to go back, and we'll try out their roof terrace when it gets nicer outside. The owner is not a bad guy at all-- he thanked me for waiting and apologized for not having the pizzas ready earlier. I really did not mind the extra wait because these pizzas were fantastic. I have had pizza at Barbuzzo in Center City and his are even better.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank DanMainLine_PA

Philadelphia
“The best Pizza in the Philadelphia Area...true Brick Oven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I found this place online after many years of mediocre pizza in Delaware County. Heard it was a true Brick Oven and sure enough it is. My wife and I ate inside and chatted with Tony for an hour and really enjoyed the pizza and the overall experience. We will be going back soon with a bottle of vino to sit outside and eat!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brian M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Gourmet pizza w/ rooftop dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place after leaving viva video on a main line frat Fridays. The indoor atmosphere is nothing special but they so have an awesome outdoor seating area upstairs. The wood-fired brick oven pizza was delicious. Homemade, handtossed pizza with fresh ingredients and spices...definitely unique among pizza joints in this area. The owner and employees are great.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JJ484
“Best Pizza in area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food and great guy running the place. He is a fun lovable and opinated guy who makes fantastic pizza. I look for excuses to get a pizza but my current diet allows me less carbs:(

Visited July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Probably the best pizza on mainline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Wood fired oven; salted crust; good toppings. It's real pizza. A little bit more expensive than other pizzas, but better than any of the other take out options our friends use.

Visited November 2011