“Not impressed”

Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Have to agree with other reviews, this restaurant has gone downhill. Server was very nice but we had to flag him down whenever we needed him. Drinks were very good. Pizza was good. But calamari and chicken parm with penne was pretty bland. Ziti was overcooked. Also, bread was terrible. One of my favorite things at an Italian restaurant is warm italian bread. We got cold rolls that seemed like they'd been sitting out for quite awhile. Would only go back for drinks.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dukerules

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Menu has changed”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This restaurant has changed their menu in the past year - and it's really not very good. The menu is small but the items on the menu are basic and not exciting enough for there only to be a few items. The prices are a little high...and the food is just ok. Very nice atmosphere. I would return for drinks only.

2 Thank FoodieSar
Philadelphia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Regular Customer Won't Return”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I went last night with my family. Primavera has been our go-to place for YEARS. I don't know what has happened, but the place has definitely changed and not for the better. It is clear they have new management, new staff, new menu. Everything is different. It used to be a nice place but it is obvious they are scaling back. The former menu had TONS of delicious options, but this new menu is very limited and our party of 6 noticed that immediately. They have swapped out the linen napkins and tablecloths for paper. The place used to be full, well-lit and festive, but now it's like a ghost town. We were taken aback by these changes, but we stayed and gave it a shot. The food was mediocre at best, and it was obvious that the new management decided to limit the menu, make portions smaller, and raise the prices. That's a 'recipe' for disaster.

Bottom line, it's just not the same place that has kept us coming back as 'regulars' all these years. I never had a bad experience here EVER until last night. This place has really gone downhill. If it stays like this, they will be forced to close. We certainly won't be back.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kristy F
“Changed a great dish and now it is a big disappointment”
Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

I have been eating from this restaurant for many years. Recently they changed the Pescatore dish and I was surprised as I usually do take out. When I got home all of the deep favors of the dish were gone. This was about six weeks ago. I decided tonight to give it a second chance. The food was bland and watery. The price has gone up and the quality of the food has gone down. Over cooked shrimp and scallops and a watery wide noodle. I am sad as I really
liked the restaurant. I will not go back and have deleted it from my Outlook. The new chef is no seafood genius.

1 Thank Alanwi
Boston, massachusetts
“Chefs Way or The Highway!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

When we ate at Primavera back in Sept. 2011, the waitress dropped our entire tables food on the floor. This past weekend we decided to give Primavera a second chance. Our waitress was personable, and pleasant. I asked for a dish to be prepared with just seafood over spinach or broccoli. The waitress came back with a "NO WAY" from the kitchen. We made a second attempt, shrimp in a red sauce, no pasta, with a side of spinach. Sounds simple, word back from the kitchen, "Order the way on menu, no modifications". We took our wallets and our party of five to another resturant that would accomodate our dietary needs. I simply wanted a meal without pasta, was that so difficult. Primavera will not get a third chance.

• Visited February 2012