“Cozy Atmosphere with very friendly staff”

McCloskey's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Steakhouse, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cozy Atmosphere with very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had the opportunity to meet with a relative for lunch. There is plenty of available parking in the area. The location's decor is more like a pub. The menu is extensive and varied. I had a Ceasar Salad with blackened chicken. My guest had a buffalo chicken steak. Both entrees were more than satisfying. We both were served in a timely manner. The day we were there the front windows were open and inviting. I understand that on St. Patrick's Day the restaurant is standing room only!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kenneth S

Belmar, New Jersey
“Awesome spot for food, drinks, and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have visited McCloskey's many times over the recent months and am NEVER let down but the staff, the fantastic food, great beer selection, or the atmosphere. It's a great spot with windows that open to the outside and new little outdoor area out back that is great for spring/summer/fall! The menu has the traditional favorites but I always like to try their daily specials as the chefs do a great job of coming up with some unique flavors and items. The apple-Jamison wings are to die for and I swear you could get addicted! Burgers are great and have also had some great salads. Very accommodating with allergies as well- have been with friends that are Gluten and Nut free and they were great about it and had many options! You really cannot beat how nice everyone is at this place! I have never had less than a great experience there and highly recommend people check it out!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Marcy T
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Great spot to go with friends to enjoy comfort foods with great beers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times and never disappointed. Although I often go with my wife, we usually run into friends there - this is the best way to enjoy McCloskey's. it's a little cramped and a little noisy, but always good for a hearty dinner and a brew or two. The need stew is a staple and is superb. Standing menu items are consistently well done, but the specials are worth a try. Had bratwurst and sauerkraut last year - superb. More recently, had a Wiener schnitzel. These are hard to come by in Ardmore, but both well prepared. And the beer list is as good as any around. Staff is reliable and helpful. Ask Kim behind the bar to fix a cocktail for you before dinner. She has a few good ideas.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable Burger!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am a burger enthusiast and I read a review about the black and bleu burger that peaked my interest! WOW!!!!!!! I have to say I have eaten burgers all around the Philly area and this was top notch! Add bacon and sub onion rings and it is unbeatable! Staff was super friendly and beer selection great! I'll be back soon!

1 Thank Brgrlvr84
Philadelphia
“Clean, Green Irish Pub with great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first visit to McCloskey's. We were looking for a place for a quick dinner prior to flying out from PHL. We were not disappointed. I had the Jambalaya and my wife had the Tortellini Rosa; both very good. The quantity was over the top and unfortunately we could not take it home. Also the salads were very good. This is a warm local community spot where everyone is known. Very friendly.

• Visited February 2013