“Clean, Green Irish Pub with great food.”

McCloskey's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first visit to McCloskey's. We were looking for a place for a quick dinner prior to flying out from PHL. We were not disappointed. I had the Jambalaya and my wife had the Tortellini Rosa; both very good. The quantity was over the top and unfortunately we could not take it home. Also the salads were very good. This is a warm local community spot where everyone is known. Very friendly.

2  Thank nolantho

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This cozy little neighborhood gem tucked away on Cricket Avenue is one of our favorites. Their burgers are amazing. They have a great selection of beers on tap and by the bottle. Specials every night. Their Irish Mushroom soup is always good. And the desserts are awesome.

2  Thank Helene E
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've always gotten the bacon cheeseburger or the black and bleu. Tonight I asked for bacon on my black and bleu. It was a revelation. I've had one bacon bleu burger in the same class, and it was at the Paris in Las Vegas. It is worth your time. Ask for the bacon!! It will change your life.

2  Thank Ahembree
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped in with some friends during "Sandy". Enough said. We were looking for somewhere warm and cozy and this was perfect. We actually ordered prime rib and it was delicious. Great selection of beers and I had a bourbon beer. It was good....and strong! Service was fast and friendly. Paid our bill and they said to take our time and not rush.
Heard they have music hear sometimes and it gets quite loud. Could be fun, but I would check first if you are going for a later dinner.

1  Thank 5star1621
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We've been going here for years and even though the ownership has changed, the food and friendliness remains the same. You can count on good food from burgers to rib eye steaks (when they have a special) and their Saturday night prime rib is a thick cut and delicious. it's a large serving so I always take half of it home. The servers are friendly and efficient and you're always given a warm, sincere welcome. Mike has been cooking there for years and his food is consistantly good. My only complaint is that they don't take reservations after 6 pm even if you're a party of 6.

1  Thank marian0286