“Food was spoiled”

Add it.
Fellini Cafe Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I went there with my son for dinner. I ordered Lobster Ravioli which after one bite I thought tasted funny. I tried a couple of more bites and my son said, "What smells so bad?" That confirmed that I was correct. I sent it back to the kitchen. I heard the waiter ask, "How old is the Lobster Ravioli?" Now this was ordered from the "pasta made fresh daily" menu. They charged me for the Ravioli and did not offer a replacement. They burned the crust of my son's pizza. The Restaurant smelled musty and the bathroom was filthy. If you want an excellent meal go to Fellini's in Newtown Square-great food and different owner.

1  Thank Dragonfly3148

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Cramped tables, cheap paper napkins, and a waiter who seemed more interested in the pretty college girls at the next table over. Had to specifically go and find someone to ask for everything. Food was unimaginative but extremely well executed. Tiramisu was light and fluffy, among the best I've ever had (and I've had a lot). If you're looking for a modern gourmet foodie experience, skip Fellini. But if you live in the area and enjoy homestyle pasta in a low-key BYOB environment, this is your place. It's plain and unadorned, but sometimes plain hits the spot. We'll be back, I'm sure...just not very soon.

2  Thank theuberdude
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I need to start by saying that Fellini's WAS my goto spot for Italian for the past 5 years. I would there every couple of months and always looked past the less than clean condition of the restaurant (to put it mildly). I even had my college graduation dinner there. The service was always good and the food was fresh and well cooked. The prices mostly reasonable.

That was until there was a COCKROACH on my table.

I'm not sure what was worse, the fact there was a cockroach crawling around the bread basket or the fact the owner wasn't even apologetic. His attitude was as if "oh, so what, no big deal". Had that been my restaurant I would have been mortified. I also would have been grateful that the patron didn't make a scene and purposely tried to keep quiet as not to cause a stir.

If the owner wasn't even slightly concerned by the fact there was a cockroach on a guests table, I don't even want to think about the cleanliness and condition of the kitchen. Especially since I've eaten there so many times over the past 5 years.

I promised myself I would never go back.

Oh and you would think an owner would have offered to comp the meal - nope. Hands down my worst dining experience ever.

1  Thank JM3RR27
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Sorry to say that this apparently charming local Italian cafe is to be avoided. The prices are high for Italian. The portions are enormous but the flavors mediocre at best. We waited nearly forty minutes for our food, the server didn't offer bread until the entrees arrived. Pasta was "doughy" the sauce less than good. All of the servers seemed to be distracted by a party of five that came in 15 minutes after we did and were served their 6 entrees before we even saw our salads.

Don't bother and warn your friends.

1  Thank siabniac
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Of the 5-6 Italian places in Ardmore this is one of two I frequent (Ardmore resident). It is casual, affordable, and the food is very good. The only place in Ardmore you can get a good salad. The tables yes, are close together, and sometimes a little warm, but cozy. Its a cloth table cloth place with out being fancy/stuffy. If you're looking for that, there is that other fancy place down the street. I also like Cafe Pietros. ?? sp?? which is where my husband and I go often for romantic dates. Fellinis is more for casual date/ group of family or friends where you can be comfortable having a loud conversation and a good time. And it is BYOB