“Walked Out, Appalling Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Khajuraho India
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Drexel Hill, PA
“Walked Out, Appalling Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

A couple of months ago we used a restaurant.com coupon to get a reduced price at Khajuraho India restaurant in Ardmore. We noticed that the Khajuraho restaurant had changed names to the Bombay Kitchen (or some such name). Apparently that was not all that changed.

My wife and I were seated quickly and given papadums to munch on while waiting for our order. We waited, and waited, and waited. Families who came into the restaurant and were seated almost 30 minutes after we were seated were getting served and we were still waiting.

When I asked the server about the delay, he told us the food would be coming soon. After waiting some more time, we eventually tired (and were very hungry) so we left (enjoying our food at the Hummus Grill a couple of doors down). It was the first time in decades that I had walked out of a restaurant without being served. This is also the first "1-star" rating I had ever given to a restaurant.

So, I cannot comment about the food, as we were never served any (besides the papadums). Good luck, If you are fortunate enough to be served.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“FABULOUS RESTURANT!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The service, food and atmosphere at this wonderful resturant is amazing! Each and everytime that we go there, at any time, the food is fresh and so delicious! The breads are authentic and arrive warm. I try to experience something new on the menu everytime that I go and have only been pleased and look forward to my next visit. The owner is gracious and charming. I wish I could give the Bombay Grill more than five stars because that is how great it is! Also, it is a BYOB which makes dining even more reasonable.

• Visited January 2013
West Chester, PA
“New Bombay Grill, Formerly Khjuraho Inda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We've been going every Saturday night that we are able to over the last year. Even through their remodeling and renaming, it was formerly the Khajuraho India restaurant. We once brought our teenage sons and they enjoyed it but my husband and I decided we liked it as a date night place for just us. We've never tried the Lunch Buffet, just Saturday night dinners. As I have lots of food allergies and issues, I have been very happy how they are willing to work with me to get the perfect dish for me. As it turns out what I get isn't even on the menu but they are always eager to make it for me and are eager to please. Neither my husband or I like hot spicey food, we like spices but not HOT spices, and they are very good at making it the hotness you want. Their naan breads are all delicious. My husband loves their Shrimp Briyani and I order vegetable Tikka Masala. My husband also loves their special passionate hot tea. For dessert we get their homemade cheese balls in a delicious milky sauce. It's a BYOB so that is great. The Indian music is wonderful and the staff is very accommodating, always eager to please. We love it when Babu, the co-owner chef gives us our traditional Indian bow farewell. We can't wait to go back.
Best of luck to Shahid and Babu on the success of the New Bombay Grill Indian Restaurant

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank J-Oxnop
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This restaurant used to be excellent. I think it is under new ownshipip now, and the food is terrible. I tried the buffet, and most dishes tasted watered down. I've gotten take out a few times and that was not good either. Their prices are higher than most Indian restaurants and the parking is a pain (most parking is available in the lot across the street). There is hardly anyone in there when you go in. I would be surprised if they stay in business. The ambiance is the best part, but why go for only the ambiance?? Amans Indian Restaurant in Norristown is excellent, or Tiffin in Bryn Mawr and Wynnewood...

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Cin4513
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Our first experience with this restaurant. Food was well-prepared and served in a timely manner. Service was excellent. Will go back again.

• Visited June 2012