“Good Place”

Cuisines: Diner
Hershey
“Good Place”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

They do have a nice variety on the menu. Service is pretty fast. A nice local place. Bathrooms were clean, a lot cleaner then some fine dining places I've been in.

Visited February 2013

Clinton, New Jersey
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've had more than a little Pennsylvania Dutch food, and frankly we're suckers for hot bacon dressing. We weren't sure about Funck's, but stopped as we were famished on the way home from York. My spouse's baked tomato soup was great, and I had the chicken and rivel soup, which was probably enough for a meal by itself. My son had a ribeye, inexpensive and spiced with herbs - very good he said. I had the stuffed meatloaf, and though I was disappointed the peppers and onions were cut pretty small, I enjoyed the twice-grilled taste of the meatloaf, all over a heap of yummy mashed potatoes.

My spouse had the chicken croquettes, and they were excellent as well. We were rather full for pie, but I got some shoofly pie to go and we called it a day. Prices were reasonable, wait service was adequate, and when we went it was not crowded (Sunday afternoon so the games were on - no TV's as far as we could tell) so we got our food quickly.

• Visited December 2012
“Don't Go”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

OK - now I've visited some lousy restaurants in my time but this place is the bottom of the barrel. Is that really food they're serving? Wow - bad stuff - if you're hungry, don't go here because you'll quickly lose your appeitite (which is OK if you're on a diet - you won't eat much here)

Jonestown, Pennsylvania
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed our good home cooking here--I can't recall everything we ate, but know that my wife really enjoyed the stuffed meatloaf (she's very picky about the meatloaf she gets when eating out, but decided to give this a try and was glad she did). The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The kids meals here are particularly nice.

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Yuck!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stopped here while driving along I-81. My husband ordered the Beef Vegetable Soup, which was "homemade" but had so much sugar in it, he said it belonged on the dessert menu. I took one sip and put down my spoon. I ordered the fried chicken which came quickly and was overcooked. My mashed potatoes were doused in heavy gravy, which was tasteless. I tried to scrape it off but it seemed to be mixed in. Also, the waitress claimed the potatoes were not instant but they sure tasted like instant to me. At a table nearby, I could hear the waitress apologizing and offering the diners a refund on their entree . . . so clearly not a lot of happy eaters that evening. On the plus side, the place is clean and pleasantly decorated and the service was pretty good.

• Visited July 2012