“Excellent food and service!”

Blue Mountain Summit
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Andreas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I haven't been to this restaurant in at least two decades and it has since changed hands. I am pleased to say that the Blue Mountain Summit Restaurant is still fabulous! The place is exceptionally clean and well decorated for the location. The food is moderatey priced and well worth the cost. It is on Route 309 near Tamaqua, PA and just a short distance from the Appalachain Trail. It is also a bed and breakfast, and we hope to check it out sometime in the future.

1  Thank dcd0127

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely German style decor, located on the Appalachian trail. Awesome views can be had from very close by, too bad not close enough to the restaurant to have a window wall. Food was colorful, tasty, and there was a good variety, but a common complaint is that it came late and was cold. This location had been turned over many times in the last 20 years, I am glad to see it has lasted under current owner so long.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I tried the Blue Mountain Summit Inn for the first time tonight. It was pretty empty when we got there with only one other table occupied. We were seated in a booth, the closest seat to the exit. The atmosphere was really nice. It seems to draw a slightly older crowd, but it felt cozy and friendly. The service was slow for how empty the restaurant was, but the food was good. My husband ordered the clam chowder and prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered crab stuffed mushrooms, ny strip steak and scallops. My husband thought the clam chowder was the best he's ever had. I personally didn't care for the bacon in it. My stuffed mushrooms were very good, but I think they would have been better if they came with a lemon wedge. My husband's prime rib was very rare. He didn't care for it too much. And he found a very long hair hiding in his vegetable medley. My steak tasted excellent, but I did get about three bites or gristle. The broiled scallops were perfect. I think what disappointed me the most was where we were seated. The server didn't tell us ahead of time that they were having a band this evening. Just after we finished our appetizers the band began to set up at the front of the dining room, right beside our table! One of the band members was even leaning against our booth and talking loudly to his band mates. Then they set up a very large speaker directly behind my head! We rushed through our meal so we could leave before we were blasted away. What's really unfortunate is we probably would have stayed to listen to the band and order a few drinks if only we'd been seated better to start with. Over all, I think it's nice place and you probably won't be too disappointed with the food, but I wouldn't recommend anyone go out of their way for this place.

1  Thank Just_Jenn09
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I live just a few miles away, but our first visit to Blue Mtn Summit was just 3 weeks ago. We were very impressed by the service - our salads and entrees were perfectly timed. I had the Ahi Tuna which was cooked perfectly. The atmosphere is great - we sat in a cozy booth near the bar. The ceilings in this area are low, making the space seem romantic and warm. The other dining area has a gigantic fireplace and would be great for group gatherings. I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone in the area!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We didn’t stay at the B&B so I’m just reviewing the restaurant.

My husband and I stumbled upon this establishment on the way home from Allentown to Wilkes Barre. Usually we take the turnpike but we decided to take a more scenic trip home instead and used RT 309. The restaurant looked like a nice place so we decided to stop for dinner. It looks cute from the outside but instead it’s positively charming!

We ate in the bar area, which had a lovely wooden floor and a few wooden booths, along with more traditional tables and chairs. Sometimes booths are cramped but this was very comfortable. They also had another dining room but there was a private party going on and they kept the doors closed. I did see a fireplace in that room whenever someone entered or exited and it looked like it would provide a cozy, romantic dining experience.

The restaurant wasn’t that busy and we were seated right away. We ordered appetizers. My husband had the Pot Stickers and I had the Calamari. Sometimes I’ve received Calamari that was too over fried but this was done perfectly - a nice golden brown.The marinara sauce was very tasty, not watery and flavorless as sometimes is the case. My husband loved his Pot Stickers.

Our very nice waitress recited the night's specials, several to choose from. My husband ordered one of the specials – a Roast Beef Open Faced Sandwich but I ordered off the menu – Baked Stuffed Haddock. Our dinners included two warm rolls and a salad. Not much to say about either of those items. My husband’s sandwich was quite large and he thoroughly enjoyed it. My Haddock was perfect and the portion was fairly large. We both chose mashed potatoes (with sour cream and chives) and the fresh vegetables (snow peas, carrots and broccoli). About halfway through dinner the chef came out and asked how everything was. We were impressed – we don’t see this happening that often, at least in our dining experience. Usually we don’t ever order desert but that night we decided to splurge and we ordered the flan, which we shared. It came in three heavenly flavors - vanilla/caramel, chocolate and raspberry. Although all flavors were delicious, our favorite was the raspberry. It was heavenly. Again, during desert the chef appeared and asked how our desert was. Wonderful to see such service.

The restaurant offers a nice variety of dinners to choose from and the prices are very reasonable. Our two appetizers, two dinners, two mixed drinks, two beers and desert was just under $70.

Another nice touch is the music they play. Soft rock and easy listening and not at a deafening level. We could still carry on a conversation and enjoy the music in the background.

If you’re looking for a nice dining experience set in a rustic, cozy setting this is the place for you. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank lt10