“Great & Gutsy, NOT for Gadfly's or Panzies..”

Cranberry Run Campground
miami
“Great & Gutsy, NOT for Gadfly's or Panzies..”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I normally do not care about what other people say or think, kind of mind my own business, but when I see the terrible things some of these people are saying about this campground, time to speak out. FIRST, this is a campground, it is in the woods, it is not supposed to be Hotel Savoy. Rough on the edges, darn right it is but if you met or knew the staff, the owners, these are the people I want in my foxhole if war breaks out, not you whiners. It is a GREAT place to laugh and enjoy, I am having a ball, come on and join us..

Nick

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank coal123Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I must say we freaked out after we saw the other reviews of Cranberry Run but we had already booked a weekend. We were tent camping with another couple and our dogs so we could hike at the nearby Bushkill Falls. Cranberry Run was also offering a complimentary Pig roast and Halloween bash to all campers that weekend so we thought it would be added fun. Well, after reading the previous reviews we brought Lysol, brooms and paper toilet covers. But when we got there Linda was a kind and straightforward woman but the place was definitely original to its inception which was probably in the 70s. We paid her as she asked and then followed Charlie in his golf course to our spot. He told us how to work the gate, where the bathrooms were, gave us his number to call if we needed him to bring us anything from the store. Then he asked if the site worked for us since we had two big tents. It was a great size, wooded and clean. The restrooms were clean but nothing fancy. I must say the whole place made me nostalgic for the camping I did as a kid. There were definitely some small sites, so be specific when you reserve. And the larger sites are rustic and probably won't easily accommodate the modern day big rigs. The shanty town that a previous reviewer spoke of is a collection of campers who have made Cranberry Run their summer home. They have older RVs and pop ups that stay there so being outside all year, they have leaves and dirt on them—probably not of the caliber that they were used to. But everyone was friendly and respectful. If you are down to earth, like rustic camping in the Poconos area and are camping in a tent or smaller RV or pop up I think you will enjoy your stay. And the unique thing that was nice? When they rode around on their golf cart in the morning and the evening, if they saw you out, they would slow down or stop to say good morning or good evening and ask if you needed anything from the store. That is their idea of service and it worked for us.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HEZAPA
Dillsburg
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This disgusting campground is the worst campground I have ever been to. We walked into the campstore and like most people knew we were in trouble. As soon as we walked in I saw a sign that said once you arrive, no refunds for any reason....HELLO RED FLAG. First we were informed that we could not burn our own firewood that we brought with us. The guy who checked us in told us that we had to buy their firewood for $10 a bundle. Let me tell you that the bundles were tiny and burned fast. You would have to buy about 6 bundles to get you through the weekend. After getting wood and checked in, we had to follow a guy on a golf cart to our spot. We had a little bathroom are near our site that was like a little shed. It had a womens and mens side but just a tiny wall seperating it. There was also holes in the wall....CREEPY! The womens bathroom smelled like someone had peed on the floor. We were there for two day and the entire two day I didn't see anyone go in there to clean it or take out the trash. I recommend popping a sqwat before using the restrooms. The regular bathroom with the showers were just as bad. Every night, the guys rode past the campsites to check on you and not in the good sense. It was like they were nagging you the enitre time you were there. They came past just about every half hour to look at your site. Don't go by their website cause it's nothing like it. The videa arcade is about 2/3 games that were in the pavillion which was filled with people smoking. The playground is nothing to touch. The pool was a 4 ft. above ground pool with a little deck going around it, ladies thats your sun deck. The mini golf course is right next to the pool and it has grass grown up over it. Their pond is disgusting, I don't know how anyone can fish in it. I didn't even see horse shoes any where. We went down to play bingo and though it was interesting that the employess were playing and had their own reserved table. **** DO NOT STAY AT THIS CAMPGROUND*** Someone really needs to just condemn this place!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DillsburgCountrygal
Harrisburg
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This campground is an absolute disgrace, upon driving to the campground we enter the campstore...talk about FILTH, DIRT DISGUSTING. The people come to you and take you to your spot...sorry never been to a campsite we were driven to our site. I understand why? Upon entering your site you must drive by a bunch of rundown trailers which should condemned and the road is so small we could hardly make the turn because our camper was 33ft which I should have been told before they booked my site and charged my credit card. The sites are small and littered with debris, I don't think anyone has ever cleaned up a site since the beginning. In our 2nd site it had old boards with nails sticking out, we had 2 dogs which I would even let out of the truck. The sites are so small we couldn't even fit our camper into the site which is suppose to accomodate a 36ft camper. We spoke to another couple who also were dissappointed...the website will fool you into thinking this is a nice place. After we decided to pack up and look for another campground, I stopped and talked to the owner, he was very rude, I told him this campground is UNACCEPTABLE. He laughed and said there's no refunds you can go to another campground but I will not refund any of your stay. Also, if you want to have a campfire you must purchase wood from this character....what a joke I can understand about not bringing any bugs into another area but this place there have been no upgrade probably since the opening day. We ended up staying at the Mount Pocono campground which was absolutely faboulous. WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cmheckert
Long Island New York
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Let me start by saying that we have been camping many years and have never experienced any thing like this campground. Your first impression when you first pull in says it all! It looks like a run down shanty town of old and not so old seasonal trailors. Upon entering the "so called" campstore we knew we were in trouble! We were "greeted" by a women named Linda who wasted no time in telling us that we owed her "$105.00 bucks" after our 1 night deposit. Not exactly the norm for campground owner etiquette. We were then told to follow the other owner in his golf cart to our site. The sites in this campground are so tiny, and all on top of each other. Another camper that we met said that the original site they were given was so small that they could not fit their tent on it. You are camping surrounded by these old shanty trailors. The golf cart is also another issue in this campground. Every 5 minutes the owner is riding around the campground like a mad man. The golf cart is noisy and the fumes from it were intolerable.His speed was also dangerous given the fact that children are playing freely in the campground.The so called "campstore" was stocked with over priced wet fire wood, a few bottles of soda, and these obnoxious air horn toys.Real necessities were non existant. One of the campers at a site right near ours proceeded to blow this horn at all hours during the day and early evening, not exacly a peacful campground atmosphere. The bathrooms in this campground were in desperate need of updating, and the dirtiest I have ever seen. Water in the showers backed up from one shower and flowed into another, so you were standing in someone elses soapy dirty water as you were trying to shower. There was hair stuck all over the walls of the shower that was there the entire stay, and my husband said that the same soap wrapper was on the floor of the mens room shower , not to mention, hair, shampoo caps, toilet tissue, and other debris. The sink area was very old, leaky and dirty. Mirror was filthy with all old toothpaste splatters all over it. The pool area was a 4 foot above ground pool that was partially recessed into the ground. We did not go in it given the fact that we did not trust the sanitary conditions of it. There were other issues in this campground that I can"t begin to write about. The fees for our stay were the highest we have ever paid, for the absolute worst ramshackle campground and camping experience we have ever had, RUN, DON'T WALK FROM CRANBERRY RUN CAMPGROUND!!!!!

8 Thank anyexcusetovacation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Analomink
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn

Been to Cranberry Run Campground? Share your experiences!