“Nice Italian Coffee Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Maida - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cafe, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nice Italian Coffee Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I try to stop here whenever I’m in Ambler. This place makes great cappuccinos and hot chocolates. The pastries are fresh and the place is always clean. I would much rather support a family run business like this than a coffee chain.

• Visited September 2013

Ambler
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Open Late...who does not like Italian atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

After the movies Friday night at the County Theater...we walked over to Caffe Maida around 9...not expecting them to be open. However to our surprise their hours were til 11. We had a tea and coffee and sat outside at one of their wrought irron bistro tables with a group of handsome older Italian men speaking only Italian. It was like being in Italy! Next time I am going to order one of their flavors of Gelato. Just moved to the area and love that there is another option to enjoy the center of town other than a bar.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JMG50
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Always packed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is always packed. My boyfriend and I went in one night while walking home from dinner at another restuarant. We wanted cannolis for dessert and even though the staff was closing up, they still accomodated our request and rang us up.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank CP6785
Arroyo Grande, California
“The coffee is great. So is the hospitality. Practice your Italian!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My son recommended that I meet him for coffee one morning. We decided on Caffe Maida in Ambler, PA. It's conveniently located on a corner across the street from the church. Parking in Ambler is a challenge as it's almost entirely on-street. There is a municipal lot behind the church and the theatre.

The owner welcomed me to the shop on a Sunday morning around 9:30. An Italian soccer match was on the flat screen TV on the back wall. It was an Italian TV station as well. The caffe is well lit, clean (including the restroom) and has outdoor seating. After a brief and friendly chat I ordered an Americano. The wait was short.

The coffee is good (and strong). My 33 year old son ordered coffee and a pastry. He enjoyed it. There's plenty on the menu to satisfy most tastes. Other reviewers have not given glowing reviews of hte food, but you need to decide for yourself.

Enjoy your visit!