“Awesome Indian”

Dining options: Reservations
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Indian”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The food here is authentic and nothing short of superb. Nan and Roti are very good, I absolutely liked everything my friend and I ordered.

Visited July 2012

Philadelphia
“Outstanding Indian”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding Indian food. Got the seal of approval from mom. Great chicken madras. The naan is excellent. All around great food.

1 Thank familytravel4_1
“Flavorful, appealing also to the eye! Excellent vegetarian choices.”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Flavorful, appealing also to the eye! Excellent vegetarian choices for those so inclined. Lovely, serene decor.

2 Thank hmmquilts
philadelphia
“Score another hit for Ambler”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We had a delightful New Year's Eve dinner here with friends and everyone was happy with the restaurant, a rare occurrence for this group. Many of us ordered the rack of lamb,
considering the special occasion, and we all loved it. We had appetizers and bread, too, which were duly devoured. Of course we had some to take home, which was eaten with gusto for next day's lunch, and not left to rot in the refrigerator.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank cjg1950
Houston, TX
“This one's a keeper!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My boyfriend was feeling under the weather, so we opted for carry out. Now, where to pick up some good butter chicken for him? I did a search for local Indian restaurants and found Saffron not too far down the road from us. The reviews on other sites were largely pretty good, so we decided to give it a shot. And we are SO glad we did!

I got the vegetable korma. It was probably the best korma I've ever had (and, as a vegetarian, I eat at a lot of Indian restaurants!). Not too sweet, not too spicy; great blend of fresh veggies. He got the chicken korma. He ate every last bit of it--no leftovers, no heartburn--just 'lick the bowl' kind of good! He said it was the best he had ever had as well.

The place is a bit tough to find because it has a small footprint, but one of the gentlemen who works there was kind enough to come outside in the cold weather to help flag me to the restaurant when I called while wandering around Ambler! Talk about great customer service!! But, it's right on the main drag next to a sewing shop.

The ambience was delightful--cozy, with warm colors, and linens. I would definitely go back there for a dinner for two!

Four thumbs up (his & mine!) for Saffron...

• Visited December 2011