“Superb property”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Harrisburg, Pa
“Superb property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

First time stay. Just passing thru on the way home from the All-Star Game in Minneapolis. Booked a last second room on a discount internet site. Pricey for me ($140) -- single. But what a fantastic hotel. Super clean, beautiful landscaping, waterfall/stream in back, putting green, etc. Room was like a mini suite with full sofa, lots of space. No hi def TV tho. Best part is that Ellen at front desk offered me the hotel's VIP parking pass and game ticket for the Altoona Curve minor league game that nite! Just a mile from the hotel. Definitely would stay again. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tsarnick3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel very nice. My friend and I were in town for the all star game and we stopped at the hotel. The person waiting on us was ashley who thought everything wad sold out but she looked and they had a room available. The room was nice and comfortable and as we were leaving we talked to sherrie who asked us if we enjoyed our stay. Overall I was impressed and would stay there again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel a few times now - this is my spot whenever I am in Altoona. I can recommend this location to anyone due it being a very clean hotel, very friendly and helpful staff and it's great location. There are plenty of restaurants up and down the road here and it is in a safe area. The staff here all take great pride in operating a clean and friendly place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stay there almost every other week, the hotel is clean,staff is very friendly,very nice morning breakfast with many choices. I have stayed in the others but this hotel is by far the best !!! The rooms are also larger than most that I've stayed in. For me there are no others there that compare !!

Room Tip: There is no road noise in any room, the king bed rooms are my favorite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John_MO1328ZJ
Austin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I really appreciated the friendly atmosphere and the staff were fantastic.
It is conveniant for everything from shopping, amusement parks, Curve Stadium is a hop skip and jump away.
The hotel is surrounded on all side with restaurants -walked to everything.
I loved the back patio
Very nice
Julie L

Room Tip: I would recommend the back side very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am happy to hear our staff members made it a great stay for you. We are thrilled you stayed at our hotel. We want to be your hotel of choice when you return to Altoona. You are indeed a valued guest to us.

East Liverpool, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

the hotel staff and rooms are excellent..! would def stay here more often.! the curve stadium is just a few blocks up the street an a short walk to many restaurants.....................................

1 Thank ROB S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your experience at the Holiday Inn Express, Altoona, PA. We are delighted to have you stay with us while you were here in Altoona. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We hope to see you on your next trip to Altoona, PA. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express.

Guthrie, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The rooms were very comfortable for an older hotel. The location was very convenient, the breakfast had a good selection and was well stocked and the person working the breakfast area was very friendly, as was the rest of the staff I interacted with.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager In Training at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure I inform the staff on how you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. Please plan to visit us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.