All reviews putting green the holiday inn express front desk huge tv tuesday night granola microwave popcorn perkins restaurant bottled water olive garden cleaning staff great place to stay breakfast area room key parking lot baseball game altoona curve
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for a week and found the hotel to be one of the best we've stayed in. The staff were friendly and happy to help and recommended several popular sites to visit. The breakfast buffet had lots of choice and the bedrooms were very spacious.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled with friends
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our staff love to entertain our guests and help them to find reasons to love Altoona! I hope that you enjoyed the many wonderful attractions and historical elements offered by our region. I would encourage you to visit again during the fall when the leaves begin to change into beautiful shades of crimson, orange and yellow. We hope to see you again on a return trip.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, room is large, comfortable, and clean. Breakfast is good and there are a lot of options too choose from.. Staff is very friendly, all at a bargain price. For the money you can not go wrong at the holiday inn!

Date of stay: January 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt that for the price you could not go wrong staying with us. It seems that they price of everything these days is growing faster then our paychecks, we are happy to offer a quality stay at a fair price. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've stayed here a few times when out visiting friends who relocated to Altoona. I've stayed in a number of Holiday Inn Expresses, most in more busy areas, and Ihave to say, this was the best I've stayed at. The room was incredibly clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good,

The people who worked there were very helpful in giving us directions and recommending places to eat (on our first visit, our friends were still getting the lay of the land and didn't know a lot of places)..

I don't think we paid over $110/night. It was well worth it, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Oh, and they have a discount program with a number of restaurants in the area, you show them your key card and you get a %age off your bill. Not bad. There's free coffee in the lobby too, but we love Sheetz coffee and go whenever we're in the area.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. Being in a new area can be challenging and something a simple as a good dinner referral can make a big difference. We look forward to seeing you again. We will keep brewing our coffee in the unlikely event that Sheetz runs out! I recommend their marshmallow mocha, yum!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here in business and I can only say it was amazing. I walked in and they were having a Hawaiian themed party in the conference room, I and some other guests entered some giveaway contests and had some great food. I also had the chance to meet the owner of this hotel Greg. He was the most gracious host ever, really a great guy and he explained to me that this was a family run business, that made me feel good about spending my money there.

The rooms were spotless. Clean beyond clean, the bedding was very comfortable and the TV's were all brand new. The cafeteria had an amazing free breakfast, buffet style but always freshly stocked with almost anything you could imagine. I will stay here again given the opportunity.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I have shared your sentiments with our owner, Greg. He appreciated hearing such kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed our Luau event. We host several themed nights during the year and hope that you are able to join us again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Having stayed at many HI Express properties, this is certainly one of the best. Immaculate....very clean breakfast area....and very convenient location with plenty of choices for dinner,all giving a 10 0/0 discount.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have shared your comments with our harding working breakfast staff. They were delighted to hear that you took notice of their efforts. I am pleased that you consider us to be one of the best Holiday Inn hotels that you have stayed at. That is a wonderful compliment to receive. We hope to see you again!