“Great Place to stay!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed March 6, 2012

It was a great hotel to stay! The room was very clean and the breakfast buffet was great too, there were so many things to choose from! And that you can get coffee 24/7 is just one of many great things that make this hotel such a nice place.
Also the staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful. They really tried to make my stay as comfortable and easy as possible! Especially Jennifer Misner was extremely helpful and really funny and cool!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was one of the best places I stayed at during my trip to the USA!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

You were a delight to have staying with us, and we have come to think of you as family! I promise to work on my swiss german in the hopes that we see you again. I laughed reading how much you enjoyed our 24/7 coffee and I have not forgotten to ask Sheetz to open a store in Switzerland...do you think that Switzerland is ready for the MTO? I hope that you enjoyed your time in the USA, please keep in touch and we really hope to see you again. wir vermissen dich

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Just wanted to share what a great experience we had at the Holiday Inn Express Altoona! The staff was professional, knowledgable, helpful and courteous. Every one from management, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance - they were all great!! The rooms were clean and sufficiently stocked with all the necessary amenities. The free breakfast was fantastic - did I mention it was FREE! Coffee available at all times, access to a computer if we needed one, a hot tub and putt-putt! What more could you ask for? Next time we travel to Altoona, or the surrounding area, we will definitely be returning. A++++++++!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you found so many things to love about us. I am also very fond of our putt-putt area, the gardens surrounding it are beautiful when in bloom. I am also very pleased with your comments on breakfast. I hope you had the chance to try our new pancakes, yum! We hope to see you on a return trip. Remember, you can follow us on facebook & twitter for special offers and event announcements.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I travel for work frequently and this location was by far one of the best that I have stayed at. I found the staff to be very helpful in regards to near by places to eat. The hotel has a laundry area for the guest to use. For the extended stay guest this was a great feature, no need to find a laundry mat. The rooms were very spacious with plenty of room to work at. The furinishings were nice, look to be recently updated. It is close to near by highways and easy to get to. I needed to get a room on short notice and staff made sure I was taken care of. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

I am always thrilled to receive positive feedback from a "road warrior". Many of our business travellers and extended stay guests have come to appreciate many of the features you mentioned and I am happy that we are able to provide them. We try very hard to provide the little extras that can make life on the road a little bit easier. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon! Travel Safe!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Pleasantly surprised with all the extras. Room had microwave and refrigerator with a complimentary snack and bottled water. Internet was unusaully fast for a hotel. Breakfast was better than any hotel breakfast I've seen. Rooms were clean. I was surprised when staff said they were getting ready for an extensive renovation. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Didn't have a chance to use the hot tub, or enjoy the patio and putting green as the weather was cold.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I can't say enough great things about the Holiday Inn Express in Altoona. So very clean, the most friendly and helpful staff. They take care of me and my family each and every time with stay there. To me, this place is far and away the the best choice in Altoona.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind remarks. I am happy to hear that you and your family are return travelers. We have an award winning housekeeping staff that works very hard to ensure that each guest has a clean environment to relax in. I have shared your remarks with them. Baseball season is coming up, if your family is back in town during April-September, please inquire about our complimentary Curve tickets at the front desk. I am sure that you will love the excitement and atmosphere of our beautiful ballpark! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Some of the earlier reviews here were misleading and I don't know how this hotel managed to rate as #2 in Altoona. When you exit off the highway there are many hotels to choose from and I wish we had waited and chosen when we arrived in Altoona.

This hotel is old, very tired looking, and we were disappointed in it. The entrance should have tipped us off because it clearly hadn't been swept in a week - piles of leaves and dirt pushing against the glass. Our room had a king size bed which was very uncomfortable - hard as a rock yet so flimsy on the edges that you could feel the frame of it bend. Weird sensation. The bathroom was also a weird set up - a very, very tiny room housed the bathtub & shower and toilet - barely room to turn around. The sink to brush your teeth etc was outside the small toilet area with virtually no countertop on which to place your toothpaste, towel etc. Forget privacy - you're brushing and shaving in full view of the room.

I called the front desk to inquire if there actually was wifi available in the rooms because I was having difficulty connecting. Her response was 'yes'. No details, no information. So I kept trying and eventually the log in page came up and it required a password. I had to call the front desk again and she gave me the password. Why couldn't she have mentioned this the first time I called??? The wifi was very poor for the entire stay.

The staff we dealt with were not the least bit interested in whether or not they were helpful. My husband required an extension cord - same attitude - 'okay, well we'll see if there's one around - whatever'.

We will never stay here again and I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction. I am very excited to share with you that we have begun the planning of our rennovation project. We anticipate "BIG" changes to all aspects of our hotel and hope that you will visit us again to offer your incite on the before and after. I have shared your experience with our management team and I intend to look closer into the service you received from our front desk. This is not the level of service that we wish to provide to our guests.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Me and a buddy went to three Penn State Football games last fall. Each time Sue St Martin and her staff out did themselves in making our stay outstanding. They continually came up with new ways of improving the service and making our stay fun and very enjoyable. From the per-game football party Friday night until we left on sunday morning, they couldn't do enough for us. I travel a fair amount with my job and they set the standard for outstanding customer service. They have won us over they will continue to be our PennState headquarters for here forward.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to know that we "just keep getting better and better". We strive to maintain high levels of service and provide our guests with a chance to unwind and be themselves. We hope to see you again for the 2012 season!