“Always a great experience”
Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #21 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My fave is Enchiladas Suizas. I enjoy the MILD salsa over the regular and request it upon being seated. My spouse prefers regular. Service there is always very good, as is the food. They are eager to please if anything isn't "just right". Portions are always ample. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Usually the "Camp" is much better, but on this visit wasn't very good. The cheese dip was tasteless and the beef fajita meat wasn't very good at all! Service was very good, the kitchen was off this day!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I usually order the Grilled Cazuelada, which is a dinner for two. It is ENORMOUS! We always take home left-overs and have 1-2 meals from those. The food is delicious. We love to take family and friends here and nobody has ever had anything that they haven't raved about. The service is also wonderful.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is our favorite mexican place. The food is always excellent, the service is good. I can't rate the drinks as I don't drink alcohol, but others have said the margaritas are good. I recommend the cheese with chorizo for an appetizer. You get chips and salsa free.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

You can practice your Spanish here as well as getting authentic dishes from South of the border. The tamales are wrapped in a banana leaf - this is NOT what you would get at Taco Bell.