“Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is our favorite mexican place. The food is always excellent, the service is good. I can't rate the drinks as I don't drink alcohol, but others have said the margaritas are good. I recommend the cheese with chorizo for an appetizer. You get chips and salsa free.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

You can practice your Spanish here as well as getting authentic dishes from South of the border. The tamales are wrapped in a banana leaf - this is NOT what you would get at Taco Bell.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Visited here awhile ago while shopping in Altoona. Food was pretty good and prices weren't bad. We aren't well schooled in what to order at a Mexican restaurant, so it's hit and miss for us to order something we like. Everything we ordered was good, except the nachos had a weird, white cheese which I didn't much care for. If craving Mexican food, I would go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food in average. The service is good . I'm not into the mudslide of refried beans across the plate. There has got to be MSG in everything. Feel like crap on this food.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My recent trip to El Campesino was great! My fiancé and I were greeted as soon as we came in. One of the waiters came over and gave us their fresh chips and salsa that were delicious! As a vegan, it was nice that there was a section on the menu that I could pick from! Our food was cooked quickly but everything was delicious!