“This is my grandson's favorite place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #29 of 162 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“This is my grandson's favorite place”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

You can practice your Spanish here as well as getting authentic dishes from South of the border. The tamales are wrapped in a banana leaf - this is NOT what you would get at Taco Bell.

Visited January 2012

Punxsutawney
“Not bad”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Visited here awhile ago while shopping in Altoona. Food was pretty good and prices weren't bad. We aren't well schooled in what to order at a Mexican restaurant, so it's hit and miss for us to order something we like. Everything we ordered was good, except the nachos had a weird, white cheese which I didn't much care for. If craving Mexican food, I would go back.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“The best mexican in town”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food in average. The service is good . I'm not into the mudslide of refried beans across the plate. There has got to be MSG in everything. Feel like crap on this food.

Visited November 2011
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My recent trip to El Campesino was great! My fiancé and I were greeted as soon as we came in. One of the waiters came over and gave us their fresh chips and salsa that were delicious! As a vegan, it was nice that there was a section on the menu that I could pick from! Our food was cooked quickly but everything was delicious!

• Visited May 2012
McLean, VA
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Lively atmosphere in a large restaurant. Clean bathrooms. Service was fast. Ordered chicken burrito and it was yummy. Free tortilla chips were also tasty. Reasonably priced.

Visited March 2012