“Not bad”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Visited here awhile ago while shopping in Altoona. Food was pretty good and prices weren't bad. We aren't well schooled in what to order at a Mexican restaurant, so it's hit and miss for us to order something we like. Everything we ordered was good, except the nachos had a weird, white cheese which I didn't much care for. If craving Mexican food, I would go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food in average. The service is good . I'm not into the mudslide of refried beans across the plate. There has got to be MSG in everything. Feel like crap on this food.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My recent trip to El Campesino was great! My fiancé and I were greeted as soon as we came in. One of the waiters came over and gave us their fresh chips and salsa that were delicious! As a vegan, it was nice that there was a section on the menu that I could pick from! Our food was cooked quickly but everything was delicious!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Lively atmosphere in a large restaurant. Clean bathrooms. Service was fast. Ordered chicken burrito and it was yummy. Free tortilla chips were also tasty. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

There are several Mexican restaurants in the area but this one offers very good food, good service and a good price.

1  Thank weekendtraveler049