“Homemade Deliciousness!”

Ranked #15 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lena's is our must-go restaurant when we are in town visiting family. Everything is homemade and delicious. We order the same thing every time; large rigatoni, two meatballs, and a house salad. The stuffed rigatonis are relatively new and are my new favorite. The sauce is to die for and your pasta is drenched with it. The seating area is limited, but worth waiting a few minutes for a table. If we don't feel like eating there, we like ordering it and eating it at home. I will admit the service isn't the greatest, but some waitresses are better than others and the food makes up for the slower service. If you're looking for an Italian home cooked meal, this is the place!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love the food, I always get the chicken cutlet with homemade noodles, it is delish everytime. The service is so so , you can wait awhile for them to take your drink and food order, sometimes I have to rush back to work because it takes more than an hour. The inside needs to be updated. The staff is pretty friendly.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We love Lena's and plan both business and pleasure trips to include a stop. I bring quart of sauce home--it tastes just like my mother's and although I am a pretty good cook, I can't do any better. The ravioli is just like hers, too--it melts in your mouth. A wonderful family place and a superb value.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great place for Italian food. Great atmosphere, price and service. Very delicious!! When you're in our area you must try it!!

1  Thank pinkybird1414
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been eating at Lena's for years and everything is good. I particularly like the lasagna that has a noodle on top and one on the bottom and at least 3 1/2" of cheese in between. Their meatballs can't be beat either. I took friends from the D. C. area there and they could not believe the prices - so reasonable. If there is a negative, it's not with the food. The atmosphere could be better, but I go for the food.