“Consitently great.”

Ranked #16 of 170 Restaurants in Altoona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Lena's is where we go when we want a delicious Italian meal. Their cooking is just like my grandmother's, who came to this country from Naples, Italy. They don't take short cuts but cook from scratch. It is delicious and well worth the price. The homemade noodles are the best, as is the lasagna. The lunch special is the best deal in town. For $7.00 you get a rigatoni, or spaghetti, great salad, bread, and drink.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My family and I recently tried Lena's for dinner. I have been told for years that "if you want good spaghetti, go to Lena's." I can't say that I agree. The atmosphere isn't great and we weren't expecting it to be so. What we were expecting was outstanding Italian food at a reasonable price. Our expectations were not me. The staff was friendly enough, but not overly welcoming. The menu is limited. Our salads were acceptable. The bread was good. My wife's linquine in clam sauce would more accurately be described as "linguine swimming in clam sauce." It looked more like linguine and claim noodle soup. My lasagna was different than I had ever had. It was okay. We also tried the gnochi. It was okay. I felt that I was charge incorrectly for something that I ordered, but I didn't feel like making an issue out of it, so we simply paid our bill and left. If you are looking for Italian food in the area, I suggest you simply head a few miles down the road to Aldo's for a much better experience.

1  Thank Lloyrdestroyr
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Had the Italian platter which was plentiful but very nondescript red sauce. The meatball was very average.

1  Thank OnTheRoad1947
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Food is great and the sauce is awesome! The stuffed shells, lasagna, etc is great. Sometimes certain foods are only available on certain days so be aware. Sometimes the wait staff is a little slow. The food is yummy though.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Wonderful HOMEMADE Italian foods - try the fantastic, huge, cheesy lasagna, the homemade sauce and big meatballs. The house salad dressing is awesome and the garlic bread is great.

Been to Lena's Cafe? Share your experiences!