See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

We took a chance when booking the Cedar Grove Motel for a Penn State football weekend. Everyplace was booked in State College, and a previous reservation became void when the business in another town was sold.. if you don’t mind driving up to the front door of a 1950’s style motel room, the Cedar Grove Motel was clean and proprietor Shah provided everything we asked for.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. I stayed for 2 weeks and the weekly price was very reasonable. Clean towels were offered every day and the room was kept tidy by a professional staff. Thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Vintage 1950's style motel. Very nice for the $50 price. Sketchy clientele but good for a one night stay. Thread bare towels and sheets but bed was comfortable. Shower curtain was old and needed to be changed.
Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Oh dear. Not my choice. Very basic. My room was very poorly lit and consequently I spent most of my time there in the dark. No sense of security so I put a chair up against the door at night. Only coffee available in the morning was in reception and had usually all gone by the time I got there. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2017

The Cedar Grove Motel apparently began life in the 50s as a 'no tell motel' where men or women would go to get away from their Spouses. However, in this age it is an okay place to lay your head for a day or 2 or longer. If, like me, you are FURIOUS with the cookie-cutter hotels out there like Comfort or Holiday, this is a value for you!....but Raj, really, SPEND SOME MONEY on this place it is a diamond in the rough! You could make all kinds of money if you spend some on the place. I know that you have only owned the CGM for almost a year. I enjoyed my stay, nice place, no coffee, no donuts, but ok for the money......Blessings for success Raj.....NAMASTE'!!! John

Room Tip: Ask for a KING room, and bring some air-freshener!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family