“Nice and New”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed July 18, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Altoona

Reviewed July 16, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank diuele
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Awesome experience. The staff is extremely friendly and the king suite was wonderful. Modern furniture, spacious room and bathroom, and pet friendly. Cynthia and Brandon were very friendly and helpful. Thank you Brandon for being my GPS when I got lost. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am excited to see your stay with us was great and that our staff helped make it so.

Looking forward to seeing you in future stays.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had been driving 9 hours before deciding to stop in Altoona. It happened to be 07:30am and I did not plan the stop. I stopped at the first 2 hotels I saw, they had been booked full the night before and wouldn't be clean and available till 1:00pm . While I was on my way to a seedy sounding motel I was referee to by the previous hotel. I decided to call Days Inn...A very nice staff member named Cynthia answered...she advised me they were full last night... :( ...however she said some people have checked out...and could see if they could rush clean a room for me they did!!!! :) The hotel was new clean and had a soft comftorable bed and nice linnens. I decided to extend after my first night. Cynthia and Davene were there and we had a lovely conversation, they told me about all interesting things to do around town. While I was eating breakfast in the lobby I realized they are as friendly and helpful to every guest. I have never written a hotel review before but...this was truly a great experience!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this! I am happy our staff was able to get you into the hotel and make your stay as wonderful as possible.

I look forward to seeing you again in your future stays.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We selected Altoona as a stop off point on our trip to Canada as we figured it was approximately half way. It is on the outskirts of the town, so is easy to get into and out of for continuing a journey. Good therefore for business travellers or others staging a journey. It's a drive out of the centre, so may not suit someone who wanted to stay in the town itself. Clean, new hotel with good facilities, including a laundry and small fitness room. The room itself was immaculate, with a fridge and coffee maker. We had a comfortable and quiet night. Reception was helpful, including telling us where we could walk to for a drink and/or dinner (we'd had enough of driving at that stage). We walked down a road (no sidewalk) for 15/20 minutes to Marzoni's Brick Oven and Brewing Co, where the staff were helpful and food and drink were readily available. It was a cheap taxi ride back to the hotel. There are outdoor activities to undertake from Altoona, so this hotel would suit as a base for those seeking to hike or do other outdoor activities. Breakfast was good, with plenty of choice to set one up for the day. I would recommend and return if I was in the vicinity again.

Room Tip: Upper floors obviously would prevent disturbance from occupants above.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am so happy you chose to stay with us in your travels.
I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I love the place and being that I am picky love that it is new. Went to visit June 27-29 for sci- fi convention and a visit with my grandmother. It is a little out of the way but it is quiet. Thin walls so we could hear everything in the hallways. Someone tried to get into our room at 2:00 a.m. But I assumed it was someone lost. Breakfast could be better but it does us fine my BF has the waffles and I usually have
eggs. It was crowded but there was plenty of food. Clean room and bed. Do wish they had grab bars in the bathtub however. The big negative was that they charged my BF credit card and my credit card as well. They will be getting a phone call soon to straighten that out. This has been my second stay there. They need more front desk staff. It looked like they were pulling double duty as towel service. No pool but that may be coming soon I heard. If they do the double credit charge justice I will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Danielle K

Thank you for choosing us during attending the Sci Fi con. I hope your double charge has been fixed. I believe this was the preauth from check in and should have since dropped off. If this has not happened please contact me right away so I can take care of it.

J.Hartman GM