“One of the nicest hotels in the area”

Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Ashburn, Virginia
“One of the nicest hotels in the area”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had reservations to see my family for Easter weekend. Traveling with a pet severely limits your options in Altoona. I had made reservations @ the Holiday Inn & agreed to pay their exorbitant pet fee. I stopped by Days Inn to see if they were pet friendly & I was thrilled to find out they were & their rooms were $35 a night cheaper and the pet fee was only 1/3 of what the HI charged. the hotel is beautiful brand new I travel several nights a week for work & this was one of the nicest beds I have ever slept on in a hotel. They offer a complimentary breakfast & the staff couldn't have been nicer. Sacquoia was wonderful during check in and Cynthia made checking out a breeze. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Altoona after this weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, your dog was such a good little traveler!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Let us say that this was one of the most comfortable and friendly places that we have stayed. The entire staff was both helpful and very friendly. The hotel is pet friendly which is very important for us. (Even dog treats were provided.) Our special thanks to Cynthia and Amy who were extremely cordial during our visit. The entire experience was excellent!!! In fact, we booked the same hotel for next month. Kudos to the staff!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying at our new Days Inn & Suites. We are looking forward to your return next month. It is always a pleasure having great guest stay with us.
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

After traveling back from the south we decided to find a hotel in Altoona. Every hotel was booked ! We were directed to the new Days Inn. How wonderful it was a great stay. Brand new hotel ! We were greeted with a complimentary hot bowl of chicken noodle soup & cookies. Our room was a king bed great design with plug in built in to bedside tables, fridge built into cabinet. Internet service was quick & also complimentary. I was surprised at the cost $99 a night but every hotel in Altoona seems to be a premium $109 and up ! It is a business Center & apparently gets booked up quickly. Breakfast was also good hot meal. The reception staff ( Christina ) and manager next day were both very helpful great customer service.

Room Tip: This hotel is out of the way compared to the others in the area but I would stay there again worth i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are so happy you chose to stay with us at the new Days Inn & Suites. Our staff is enjoying having such wonderful guest walk through our door and it is our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels return you back to Altoona.

Thank you!
HILTON
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have not yet stayed here but booking was easy and enjoyable. Cynthia was very very personable, intelligent and had a great but professional sense of humor. If the stay is as good as the customer service booking our rooms we are in for a treat

Room Tip: have not yet stayed, will review again afterwards
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing our new Days Inn & Suites! We can not wait to have you visit this new and wonderful hotel and are looking forward to serving you soon.
Plant City
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This place was wonderful. The staff were so kind and helpful and could not do enough for you. I loved the room and the decorations. The breakfast and evening meals were so appetizing. The shower was amazing and I enjoyed the king size room. I will be staying there again in October of this year and I am looking forward to it.

Room Tip: I love the King size room a lot. I would choose a higher room next time because the A/C unit was ver...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Patricia C
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for choosing our new Days Inn & Suites for your travels. It was our pleasure having you here and I look forward to seeing you in Oct. Enjoy your summer!
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I can't wait to stay (and update this review) at the Days Inn & Suites in Altoona, Pa. When I first called the hotel a couple of weeks ago, the day(s) that I wanted were not available. Our daughter is graduating from Penn State at State College and told us about this brand new hotel. When I phoned the hotel, they were already booked! Every other hotel in the area (including the one star and flea bag hotels) were charging Waaayyy over & beyond rates (some like the Marriott and Hampton were as high as $500 and $600 a night - due to the Penn State Graduation). Days Inn was only $169/night but there was no availability. Cynthia put me on a wait list, and I fully expected to NEVER hear from her (or them) again. Low and Behold, she left me a message tonight when I was tied up doing something else. When I had phoned a couple of hours later, she remembered me, had 'saved' my spot, and booked me for my preferred days for the graduation in May!!! My main thought was, "She actually called me back and waited a bit before 'giving away' my room!" If this is any indication of how my stay will be, then I can't wait. Days Inn would do well to keep employees like her happy because she has made their future guest very happy. Many 'Thanks' to Cynthia and Days Inn & Suites, Altoona.

1 Thank Elle B
We are so happy to be able to accommodate you for this special day! We look forward to serving you in May. Congrats to your new graduate!
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in due to the fact that it only been open five days when I visited. Everything smells new. The look is bright, clean and contemporary. There are fresh baked cookies in the lobby. The hotel staff is friendly. The room we stayed didn't have much closet space but the spacious bathroom made up for it. I wish every hotel I stayed was this nice. You can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMaltoona, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
It was a pleasure having you stay at our new Days Inn & Suites, we look forward to serving your future stays.