“Great Selection and Value for the Price”

Altoona Gourmet Buffet
Ranked #70 of 165 Restaurants in Altoona
Lakewood, California
“Great Selection and Value for the Price”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Lunch buffet selection was huge- sushi, mongolian grill, dessert, salad, etc. Food was OK and not of "Gourmet" standards but for $7.99, it is a good value and definitely filling. Service was friendly. We were greeted as we walked in and the server does service checks frequently.

Visited August 2013

Altoona, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something for every appetite and taste bud”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First, you get your option of booth or table. They are very accommodating with your request. Next, when you visit the buffet, you have your choice of salad, Peel & Eat Shrimp, Chinese, American and Sushi. Always 2 soup choices and 2 main meat choices, ie. Ham, Steak, Sausage and always fried chicken. Then the desert bar has too many options. I stick with the ice cream and toppings bar. Best pizza in town. Yes, Pizza, with your Rice and General Tso. Don't forget to tell them if you are celebrating someone's birthday. The lovely singing voices of the staff is a sweet sound.

• Visited April 2013
Duncansville, Pennsylvania
“Best Chinese buffet I ever had”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has an enormous selection of food and is very fresh. To top it off, they also have a hibachi grill!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank wmellott79
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“Huge Buffet”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family dines here often. I love everything chicken...and they have lots to choose from. My son loves the frog legs. They have a large salad bar and American Foods such as french fries, chicken tenders, pizza, ect. I've always seen fresh food, clean tables/buffet, and attentive staff. My daughter loves the fountain and live turtles in the lobby.

• Visited January 2013
“I won't go back to this place anymore.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I went there for dinner with friends, because we saw good commends online. I like hibachi, and I picked some scallop, noodles, and vegetable and told chef cook well done. When I went home I started to throw up and had very bad stomachache, for two days I couldn't eat anything. I believe the scallops i ate were bad or something wrong....I was very upset about the experience I had in Gourmet Buffet. Don't want to try again.