“Good Italian food”
Review of Allegro Ristorante

Allegro Ristorante
Ranked #42 of 169 Restaurants in Altoona
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving fine dining Italian cuisine since 1978! We've got the best recipes for good times - anytime. With homemade Italian specialties sure to please every appetite... fresh seafood, veal, steaks, homemade pasta, chicken, and more. Early dinner for two special and family-style dining for groups available. Reservations welcome, not required.
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The food was very good and serving size was appropriate. Cost was average.

There are newer reviews for Allegro Ristorante

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Well worth the price for a special dinner experience.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

The family does a great job I have dined there for years and always come away pleased and full. If you have never visited this restaurant give it a try you will be pleased

Reviewed November 24, 2011

The food is good Italian fare. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The menu has a wide variety. The prices are a little high for the food quality.

Nice atmosphere for special gatherings. I will go back.

Reviewed December 5, 2010

I am Catholic & we visited on recommendations of friends from Altoona. They offered a complimentary dish --MEAT--on a Friday i Lent. I mentioned this to the kind waitress and she indicated she was also Catholic & had no idea why the complimentary item was meat on a Friday in Lent. She did prepare it for us to take home + it had to be reheated so no opinion on how it could have been fresh. I had shrimp scampi + was was terrible. My wife had some sort of fish + it was fried a bit too much, really crispy on edges of filet.Veggies were OK, potato a bit old but unremarkable. I have no intention of ever going back. OVERPRICED. And I also found it VERY hard to find even with my Garmin.

3  Thank scooterpup