“Alot of food for your money”

Tim's American Cafe
Ranked #11 of 165 Restaurants in Altoona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Alot of food for your money”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Well, if I lived in Altoona I would be obese... The amount of food given was outrageous and the price was very reasonable. We had one plate of fries for 4 and there was plenty. They seemed like real hand cut potatoes too, not mcdonalds! My itailan hoagie was 12" and filled. I still have my 1/2 hoagie in the fridge. My brother fried fish sandwich was bigger than his plate.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank BeachMomDonna

Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
“what a deal.”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

One of the most out of the way places in town. Started with an order or fries, which comes out in a dinner plate, fresh cut and fried just right. When you order a meal, you get a great portion and it is at a very good price. WELL WORTH IT!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Banjoman18_
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not impressed”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Was there with friends very small had smell of French fry grease poor ventilation. Large portions of so so food. Don't think I will return just not to my standards.

2 Thank Dave W
Romney, West Virginia, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

First , make sure to make reservations. The food is the greatest ever. The portion are huge. My husband had the ribs which was a special. For $16 he got a rack of ribs, a huge salad on a dinner plate, green beans, a huge serving of fries. The ribs were the best ever. I had the reuben sandwich which melted in your mouth. We got a regular order of onion rings as an appetizer which was huge. We got two desserts to go. Total was only $41. I willl definitely being driving the 2 1/2 hours to eat here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mary B
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Huge portions”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on a Tuesday night for turkey dinner but they were sold out. Was pleased with chicken parm sandwich which comes with chips. I ordered a small fries which is the largest portion I have ever seen!

Been to Tim's American Cafe? Share your experiences!