“Out and About”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #11 of 170 Restaurants in Altoona
Reviewed December 1, 2013

When in Altoona, our family often eats at Cracker Barrel Restaurant. In this particular case we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal with them. The restaurant is usually busy but due to plenty of room, wait times are short.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was the first time I went to a cracker barrel. We went at an off time, so no wait for a table. The food came immediately and it was delicious. Much better than I expected from a chain restaurant. I ordered the sugared ham. I was a little surprised that I only received one slice of ham with a large portion of it taken up by the bone. But I guess for $8 that's what you get.
Service was excellent, very nice.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Cracker Barrel is a nice place to eat with family an friends. The rustic atmosphere is nice and the food is good. The waitstaff is friendly and mostly attentive. This is a very busy restaurant so it can be crowded and noisy. The price is decent for the amount and quality of food you're getting. I've eaten there several times and haven't had a disappointing meal yet.