“bad and over priced”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 162 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“bad and over priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

I went here about 5 years or so ago after being to one some place else. the steak was a little dry, and very small....not to mention didn't taste very well. they put some type of rub on it to make it Australian flavored. forgive me for being an American, but I like my steak to taste like beef.
when my steak came out, it looked like it was about 8 oz, and I paid around $16 or $17. I can go to Creekside Inn and get a 16 oz New York Strip steak for $19.
avoid the hype of this place. I have no clue how they've stayed open as long as they have.
only thing I might have to say positive about this place is I think the service was decent.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love their bread and ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2008

I love their bread and ribs

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
pa
“will not go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

we ate there on the28th of oct 07 1 day ago. it was mine and my friends birthday dinner. my friend told the hostess and the waitress because she knew they sing happy birthday to you and usually let you have desert free of charge. my friend wanted to surprise me with them singing, well guess what the did nothing. my friend even told the waitress again and she said she forgot but they stilll did nothing and this was when they briught our bill. they still had plenty of time to at least sing. i will be 61 and it would have been a surprise. i will not go back even our meals had little flavor and looked not at all like they advertised on t.v. i was very disappointed.

2 Thank notgoback
pa
“Exellant Restaurant // Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2007

Great food and atmosphere. We ate dinner with our family here, a very pleasant and enjoyable meal. Everything was excellant.

1 Thank blondie21