“Just "Average" Food and Service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #29 of 165 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Just "Average" Food and Service”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I ordered a lunch special of a half Filet Focaccia Sandwich and a cup of clam chowder my husband ordered a steak. They brought out a fresh baked mini bread loaf that was awesome. My soup was brought out at the same time. I wanted my soup to be served with my half sandwich so I made my best attempt at waiting. The server came by 2 or 3 times stating the our meals would be out soon but it was quite a long wait. My soup was cold when my sandwich arrived. The server should have asked when my order was taken if I wanted my soup brought out early or with my half sandwich.

The chowder was tasty but extremely peppery. I like spicy foods so I was okay with it but it might not be appropriate for everyone. The half sandwich was small and bland and not at all what I expected.

The restaurant was clean and pleasant. The staff was nice though the service was slow and additional training is recommended. Prices were average. Check the hours of operation before traveling because they don't serve lunches except weekends...we found this out after a long drive to get to Outback a while back. I was really disappointing that a large chain like this would have more accommodating schedule.

I won't likely go back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank WRDavis

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Little steak great taste”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had the 6 ounce outback steak with rice and veggie medley and it was very tasty and reasonably priced. They need to get some craft beers. They best beer they had was Sam Adams winter lager.

Visited December 2012
hollidaysburg, pa.
“GREAT FOOD & SERVICE!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favorite place for a delicious steak and you can't beat the $10.00 special. I go there quite often and love it. If you go ask for Amber Franko. She is the best waitress you'll ever have!!!! Truly a great place for food, drinks and service.

• Visited December 2012
Martinsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a fast food burger would have been better ....service sucks”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

After waiting for 1 hr 21 minutes for a table for 8 we where seated and the waitress came over almost right away and took our drink order (Tea and soda ) and appetizer order the 2 Blooming onions came before our drinks came. then 25 minutes after ordering drinks then we where able to order our food which was another 20-25 minutes and half of our food of the 7 eating was luke warm... to get a drink you practically had to run the waitress down...no appoligies for the waits and no manager ever came around to see how things where. I WILL NOT EVER step foot in this restraunt again i will go to a fast food restraunt before i would take a free meal from them....BAD all around experience.. :(

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Todd T
mill creek,pa.
“they make reservations but dont honor them”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

called the night before and was told i could make a reservation for 6pm the following day..gave them my name and party of 4. asked if i needed to call when i was on my way and was told no,it was already wrote in..we had 2 teenagers with us that wanted to see a movie at 7:15 so figured it would work out great..wrong..we arrived a few minutes before 6, told them we had a reservation for 6..she found our name on the list and said we would have a 15 min. wait..when i asked why? i was told they didnt take reservations only call ahead seating..asked why i wasnt told that and was ignored..at 6:20 i asked again how long? was told it was a 15-25 min wait from my 6:00 reservation..what? finally got seated at 6:35 with no apologys and 2 unhappy kids who didnt get to go to the movie..no bread was offered at our table...will never go back to this restaurant..terrible customer service..

• Visited March 2012