“We expect much better from Outback.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We love going to Outback restaurants, but passing through and stopping at this Outback was a huge disappointment.

For starters the bread was old and dried out. This has never happened before, we usually get fresh, delicious bread, but this was clearly day-old. Then our salads arrived. I've never seen such tiny salads. Extremely disappointing. Then our server brought us our silverware... yes, after the salads were delivered. My spouse's meal came incomplete, without the shrimp. Our drinks were never refilled once, even though both of our glasses were clearly empty. Our server was too oblivious to notice.

This was altogether a bad experience. If ever we pass through this area again, we'll go across the street to the Mexican restaurant and not waste our time and money here.

1  Thank sardawg

Reviewed April 11, 2010

What can I say it is not that the food is bad but it isn't great either. I can find much better food around town. If you want to end up spending 60+ dollars for two pepole for food this is the place for you.

Reviewed October 17, 2009

Very good service and food. It was close to our motel. We were promptly seated and served. The staff was very freindly and prompt.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 16, 2009

for a Fosters - sure

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I went here about 5 years or so ago after being to one some place else. the steak was a little dry, and very small....not to mention didn't taste very well. they put some type of rub on it to make it Australian flavored. forgive me for being an American, but I like my steak to taste like beef.
when my steak came out, it looked like it was about 8 oz, and I paid around $16 or $17. I can go to Creekside Inn and get a 16 oz New York Strip steak for $19.
avoid the hype of this place. I have no clue how they've stayed open as long as they have.
only thing I might have to say positive about this place is I think the service was decent.